McDonald's Pulls Website After Another McScrew-Up

HardOCP News

[H] News
McDonald's website for employees = McFAIL. The company should probably just avoid giving advice (to anyone) on its website. ;)

A graphic on the site shows a meal with a cheeseburger, fries and drink under the caption "Unhealthy choice." Next to it is a picture of a sub, a salad and water under the caption "Healthier choice." The latest embarrassment is among a string that's cropped up since the McResource Line website went live.

Last edited:
IDK, maybe Mcy D is planning on giving them $15/hr...:rolleyes: so they can tip the pool cleaner, housekeeper, and au pair.
*insert Gomer Pyle can't wipe that grin from face pic here...

MC'd food not being healthy for you is common knowledge, or least it should be. I haven't eaten there or burger king in over 10 years. And I don't miss it.

MC'd food not being healthy for you is common knowledge, or least it should be. I haven't eaten there or burger king in over 10 years. And I don't miss it.

Agreed, although I did eat their yesterday as it was the only place open.

I always go to McD's to get a McRib, then I go to Taco Bell for a 7 layer burrito and put the McRib in it. My skin is falling off, but worth it.

Anyway - the unhealthy part of the meal is fries and a (soft) drink.

Back in tech school 95-97 that was my main staple. After work I drive there to get 20 cheeseburgers just before closing time and you can hear the cooks getting pissed and when I got home they easily last a week in the fridge.

Yeah, McDonald's food is unhealthy. So don't eat it every day as a regular diet, and shut the fuck up. If you haven't yet figured out that junk food, smokes, and booze are bad for you, you deserve to die as a result of your ignorance. Meanwhile, let the rest of us not-fucking-dumb people eat, smoke, and drink ourselves to a self-satisfied coronary. Life's overrated without indulgence.

Back in tech school 95-97 that was my main staple. After work I drive there to get 20 cheeseburgers just before closing time and you can hear the cooks getting pissed and when I got home they easily last a week in the fridge.

They last longer than that... No fridge required...

I feel like "NEWS FLASH THE BURGER YOU MICROWAVE IS BAD FOR YOU!!!" is something that McDonald's employees are well aware of. They do "cook" the food remember? :p

Cigarettes being bad for you is fairly common knowledge, good luck getting those numbers to drop dramatically. Addicting substances are addictive :)

I'll eat it sometimes. I don't like it, and it doesn't agree with my afterwards. But, driving a long distance and there isn't much around. For anyone that doesn't know that McDonalds isn't healthy, WTF?! Really?!

The same people that think they should be paid $15/hr to flip burgers probably do need to be told what food is bad for them. And good luck trying to get them to realize the tertiary damage that their political choices are doing to the country.

And neither is most food in grocery stores these days,. yet people still shove it down their throats!

Reading that article made me frustrated at the disparate economies of those at the top and bottom of major corporations... but it also made me want to go have some McDonalds...:eek:

Why is it that the best-tasting foods are always the most unhealthy.

No, not really foods with high fats and sugars usually do taste better for most people...

but also depends on personal taste.

Doesn't help that good cooking is slowly becoming a lost art. It's amazing what you can do with wholesome ingredients and the right herbs and spices. We're a fast food, high fat, high fructose corn syrup society :p

If you really cared about the food you eat, you would get up and make your meal yourself. End of story. Otherwise, don't complain when you sit down and chow down.

IDK, maybe Mcy D is planning on giving them $15/hr...:rolleyes: so they can tip the pool cleaner, housekeeper, and au pair.
*insert Gomer Pyle can't wipe that grin from face pic here...

Congrats. You win the award for dumbest comment of the end of the year.

Congrats. You win the award for dumbest comment of the end of the year.

Considering you didn't offer a single bit of rebuttal to anything he said, I guess you beat him out in that response. Congrats.

Really, the only thing unhealthy about fast food is the amount of calories it packs into a small meal. The second thing is that it's nutritionally light (very few micro nutrients).

A Big Mac alone is 550 calories. A double Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese = 750 calories.

Sugars are nothing but carbs.
Fats (except unnatural trans-fats) are actually required by the human body
Proteins are the building block for muscle.

What makes fast food enjoyable is the fat, salt, and sugar content. We crave those so we eat more of it than we need. Unless you're a top-tier endurance athlete, most people, including very sedentary ones don't require more than 2000-2400 per day. For some, half those come from liquid calories (soda, juice, frappes, etc). which don't even give you satiety from hunger.

I'm 210, with 16% body fat. I eat 2200/calories a day and some days, that's brown rice and baked chicken, other days it's Combo #5 at the Micky-D's. As long as I don't exceed 2200 calories per day, I'm good. I won't get "fat" unless my caloric intake exceeds my energy expenditure for my body and activity level.

Back