MCE 2005, ATI 9500 128MB & Component Dongle - Red when watching DVDs

MERKMAN

Limp Gawd
Greetings all. Here's the details.

Have a Soltek EQ-3701M. While a bit out of date, the Athlon 1900+ runs fine (just doing stock), the 512MB of RAM is stable (stock too), and the 200GB HD gives me PLENTY of space for recording shows, etc.

I've got Windows Media Center Edition 2005, an ATI 9500 128MB video card (running stock, not with the -> 9700 patched driver), and the ATI "dongle" that lets me do 480i, 480p, and 1080i. Most of the time, I use the ATI driver to specify 480p so I can see the entire screen on my Philips 30" Flat CRT HDTV.

All the programs on the box run fine, and though I can have a little trouble seeing the ENTIRE screen in a few programs, most run ok. The ONE problem I have is when trying to show DVD's with MCE, the screen goes primarily RED, and the movie looks like shit. Kinda like there is a RED filter over the screen or something. Stop playing the DVD, and everything looks normal.

So, since the TV looks fine, music is ok, and DVD is the only thing affected, I've been using WinDVD 6 (which I need to get My TV working anyway) to show movies. Unlike MCE, DVD's play back fine, and look great on the TV.

Is there a setting I'm missing? I'm running the latest ATI Video Driver, Control Panel, and have NO IDEA what could be causing this. As a LONGTIME MCE user who's clueless as to what's going on... any help is appreciated.

Back