MCE2005 Live TV

Oneos

Gawd
Ok im using MCE 2005, everything works fine, but on Live TV the audio doesn't seem to play, and the video stutters a bit.

I installed a better video card and made some changes and it helped majorly, but we still seem to have the live tv problem. The video almost will always studder, and the audio either doesnt play at all or stutters majorly. Anybody got ideas for this? Codecs? Upgrade CPU?

Any help would be great.

yeah, we need to know the whole system. CPU, motherboard, sound, codecs used now, etc...

Ok, it's a pretty slow system, but here are the specs

CPU: Intel Pentium III 451Mhz
Motherboard: AOpen AX6BC (I'll find chipset name if you need)
RAM: 756 MB
Soundcard: Creative AudioPCI
TV Tuner: nVidia NVTV Dual Tuner
Video Card: nVidia GeForce FX 5700 LE (Light Edition) 128MB
Harddrives: Master - Western Digital 120GB Slave - 8GB (not sure of brand)
DVD/CD RW: LG Super-Multi
Ethernet Card ( Not sure of brand )

MPEG-2 Video Decoders Installed
NVIDIA Video Decoder - nvviddec.ax - version 4.0.67.0
InterVideo Video Decoder - IVIVIDEO.ax - version 6.0.6.83
InterVideo Video Decoder - ivimcevd.ax - version 6.0.6.83 - set as preferred decoder
Sonic MPEG Video Decoder - SonicMPEGVideoS.dll - version 5.0.0.1

Video Codecs
Cinepak Codec by Radius Inc.
Indeo codec by Intel
Indeo video 5.10
ir41_32.ax
iyuv_32.dll
Microsoft RLE Codec
Microsfot Video 1
msh261.drv
msh263.drv
msyuv.dll
tsbyuv.dll

Audio Codecs
IMA ADPCM Audio CODEC
Microsoft ADPCM Audio CODEC
Microsoft CCITT G.711 Audio CODEC
Microsoft GSM 6.10 Audio CODEC
DSP Group TrueSpeech Audio CODEC
msg723.acm
Windows Media Audio Codec
Sipro Lab Telecom Audio Codec
Indeo audio software
Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec
Microsfot PCM Converter

If you need any more information just ask, and thanks.

holy crap. for one thing, do you use all those codecs? If not, I would suggest a clean install of widnows and only install what you have determined you need. simpler the better when you are going for a stable machine.

second, the CPU is a little slow. see if you can pick up a 1ghz P3 off ebay or something cheap. I got choppy playback on my 550 back in the day. CPU fixed it.

It was a clean install, those codecs came with the system pretty much, we will be cleaning out a few though.

Ill try changing the fsb to 133mhz and putting some 133 ram in to see if it helps. That should get me around 740mhz. If not ill have to put a different cpu in.

that is skimping it to say the least.....but....i have MCE succesffully (kinda) running on an old P3 450 system, but it goes insanely slow, not a pleasant experience, but it made due while my real MCE was undergoing "changes"

do yourself a ffavor and upgrade CPU/Mobo/Ram

scarfase99 said:
do yourself a ffavor and upgrade CPU/Mobo/Ram
That'll fix it, MCE uses VMR9 extensively so it's kind of like trying to game play a DX9 game on your HTPC (although it isn't that stressful) so right now your pretty much CPU limited.

Back