MCP655 + 3/8" ID Tubing = ???

i see no real benefits to using 3/8 ID tubing. 7/16" ID is freaking hard enough to stick on the barbs of the 655 even after heating it up. Although i've heard of people getting 3/8" ID to somehow fit, i would not recommend it. To answer your question, it has been done...

It'll work, but don't plan on being able to remove the tubing unless you have some sort of heat gun.

The benefit of using 3/8" tubing is that it's OD is typically less than that of 7/16".

i just isntalled mine both of those. talk about a BITCH!! ive been at it since 8 in the morning and i finally finish at like 1 a few hours ago.

my tip to you....... shave the excess sides of the inlet and outlets of the pump.
i dont know why its there but its hard.
another tip slit the tube alil to get it over. use hot water(ouch for me) and a screw diver(cut my finger bled for 30 mins)

im a noob so yea good luck pm me if you need help.

Can't say I'd be comfortable shaving barbs. Go to Ace Hardware or something and pick up a cheap heat gun. Work the hose on until it gets stuck then heat it up and wiggle it on again. It took me all of a few minutes to get my hoses on.

lucky you. i must suck. you must admit the extra sticking out part is gay. if it was a normal sized barb i would be about to have gotten it on there EZ like i did with my 1/2 T-line.

currently leak and bubble testing right now.

tvdang7 said:
you must admit the extra sticking out part is gay. if it was a normal sized barb i would be about to have gotten it on there EZ like i did with my 1/2 T-line.
The connector is gay because it isn't designed for the ID of your tubing? Give me a damn break.

The connectors are designed for 1/2" ID tubing, and I find them to be EXTREMELY preferable to other designs. We're putting conductive fluids in our computers here - having nearly leakproof fittings/connectors is a good thing.

You should be fine. Just put the tips of the tubing in hot water for a minute or so, and put dish detergent on the barbs. That what I did for 3/8" on 1/2" barbs for my AQX 50Z. Took about 20 seconds for each barb.

And please don't slit your tubing a little. Chances are that with the pressure of the barbs on the tubing that over time that "little slit" will become a much bigger slit. Then you have a "little" problem.

I just use my GF's hair dryer.
Works great (you do need to work it a little bit though)
D.

yup, 3/8" tubing in boiling water on the pump barbs => good to go.

I don't use clamps, but I want a new rig :D :D :D

Back