Res: XSPC ResTop $40
Tubing: Masterkleer 7/16" ID 5/8" OD (15 ft) $8
Clamps: steel worm clamps (10x) $5
Fittings: 4 x DD G1/4 1/2"OD fittings $10
Fans: 3 x 120mm Yate Loon Med or High Speed $10
Additive: Pentosin G11

how will this setup compare to a TRUE?

I'm a first time WC'er

You may want to consider the Fuzion v2. I personally went with the GTZ because I'm using compression fittings on my rig and the GTZ made it easer to do.

I like your choice of pumps (since I'm using 2x of that combination :D )

Since it sounds as if you'll be mounting outside of the case (based on the use of the RAD Box), then you may want to consider getting the MCR320 just to give you breathing room and flexibility down the road. ie, adding your GPU to the loop.

I see 4 fans, are you looking to do push/pull? There is some benefit (I am using push/pull on all my rads), but it may or may not help your cause depending on what you are going to cool. Also consider getting the med or high YL and getting a fan controller to bring them to low or med speeds. Again, this gives you flexibility to turn up the speed a notch if you need it.

yea i will prob get the MCR320 + a good used CPU Block for a Q6600

which CPU Blocks are best for the Q6600?

i've updated my OP since i've learned a lot in the past few days about WC'ing

just some minor questions:
Liquid: Distilled water + Pentosin G11 + ____?____. and what is the correct mixture?
What are some common problems of first time WC'ers? i'd like to be aware of them so i can try and avoid them...

5% pentosin by volume... 5ml per 95ml of distilled water will work fine. Add any of the Dtek Dyes if you like, for colour.

As for first time problems... Not really sure, everyone's experience is different. Just be very careful when you cut your tubing and such, and pay attention to how far your fans are screwing into the radiator... Using screws that are too long can damage the radiator.

5% pentosin by volume... 5ml per 95ml of distilled water will work fine. Add any of the Dtek Dyes if you like, for colour.

As for first time problems... Not really sure, everyone's experience is different. Just be very careful when you cut your tubing and such, and pay attention to how far your fans are screwing into the radiator... Using screws that are too long can damage the radiator.

Adding onto this...you don't really need the pentosin as it seems you aren't mixing metals. I'd rather go distilled + some ptNuke or silver killcoils. If you want color, I'd suggest UV tubing from jab-tech, the primochill UV tubing.

I find putting a credit card under where the screws go in as a good way to tell when to stop ;)

Back