Mechanical keyboard for office environment

Jon55

2[H]4U
I'm in charge of ordering computer parts in the office. My boss currently uses a Rosewill RK-9000 with red caps that he uses at his desk and loves, but sadly he recently spilled coffee on it and now wants a new mechanical keyboard.

I'm considering finding him something a little better built. What's a good option for this? Price should be under $90 and will be used a lot, but only for general office use (internet, MS Office, lots of emails).

If full size is a must, the Ducky Zero should be within that price range; very decent quality and no-frills. CMStorm Quickfire Rapid are normally within that range as well if TKL (no number-pad) is ok; similar level of quality and no-frills as well, the font on the legend is gamer-esque though.

Both of those options should have a wide selection of switch choice and you really do get more than you pay for (quality-wise) compared to most other no-frills mech. boards with similar features on the market.

I would look at the buckling spring keyboards. They have a very good life, and IMO feel better than even cherry switches. Commonly known as "IBM click-y keyboards".

The company that used to make them for IBM still makes them and sells them here:
http://pckeyboard.com/page/category/UKBD

Each key is rated for 1 million keypresses IIRC.

Edit: spelling.

Back