Media server UPnP/DLNA with ISO support options?

izusaga

Limp Gawd
One of the many tasks I've taken over the past few years has been digitizing my optical media collection. At last count I have almost 3,000 clam-shell cases (of various regional flavors) spanning a dozen crates in the attic and if I were to try and actually stack them all in traditional bookcases it would span the full wall of both living and dining rooms, making this obviously not intuitive (not to mention a logistical nightmare if I wanted to actually alphabetize it).

To date I've utilized a Lifetime AnyDVD subscription in conjunction with MakeMKV, and a Windows 7 HTPC running a dual processor motherboard armed with twin hex-core i7's, 64TB hardware Raid6, a 512GB SATA-III SSD write-cache, and racked in my basement server room feeding a gigabit network running cat-6 to each room of the house. Traditionally I rip and ISO (which I archive due to excess storage) and convert to a .MKV with MakeMKV, which happily streams over the network using UPnP/DLNA through traditional PMS.

I've done a bit of reading on this, and both Mezzmo and XBMC claim native ISO support, but the "gotcha" appears to be that they transcode regardless, which does not really optimize any part of my setup.

My question: Given that my primary media renderers are DLNA devices (specifically PS3, Roku's, and various flavor's of Onkyo and Panasonic DLNA devices) - do I have any options for a Windows-based software UPnP/DLNA streaming ISO's directly without conversion?

Thanks!
Izu

Back