Medieval Total War 2

tacosareveryyummy

Supreme [H]ardness
Does this game utilize multicore cpus at all?
My laptop specs are:
2 ghz AMD dual core
ATI 2600 HD 512 meg video ram
2 gig of ram

I am trying to seige the city of Constantinople. I have 3 armies of about 3,000 men and the computer also has 3 armies of about 3,000 men. However when I try to fight the game does not allow all 6,000 men onto the battle map. It will allow only half (either my 3,000 and about 1,000 of his or vice versa) I get a message telling me that I may need to turn down the game settings or upgrade my cpu. It does this regardless of game settings. I turned everything down and set the res to 1024x768 and still got the same message. I would think that my laptop could handle the battle, the game even autodetects all high settings under options.

This game still can bring high end pc's below 30 fps
If i pop everything to huge and do 2 armies in a huge city siege, my fps drop considerably

Awsome game... tough on the cpu (dont think it utilizes de power of dual cores)

Off the top of my head, it will display a larger number of units onscreen based of the system and settings. However there is still a cap that it won't go past. You might be able to increase that limit in the config files, not sure.

I don't know for certain though. I'm used to this from the older Total War games, but now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen that message for Medieval 2 and I've had some larger battles in it. I might google it for you.

Yep, it's one of the cfg files, don't remember the name, but you'll want to do this:

Change "unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 0" to "unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1"

Back