Meet Apple's Steve Jobs 2.0

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wow, talk about being set up to fail, calling this guy "Steve Jobs 2.0" is a surefire way of doing just that.

Since Steve Jobs left Apple, iTunes guy Eddy Cue has achieved more than rising star status: He's the next Steve Jobs, kind of. The company doesn't really have a replacement visionary with CEO Tim Cook taking on more of a "business executive" than "creative leader" kind of role. And it's unlikely that anyone like Jobs, "the Thomas Edison of our time," will come along anywhere anytime soon. But the logic continues to go something like this: no more visionary, no more Apple as we know it. So, cue Mr. Cue.

Every time an executive at Apple is spotlighted he's the next Steve Jobs.

And it's unlikely that anyone like Jobs, "the Thomas Edison of our time," will come along anywhere anytime soon.

This make anyone else remember http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla where Edison is a real dick to Tesla who is trying to invent new technology. Instead Edison is trying to make money on marketing...

Dang I guess Jobs was really Edison 2.0

"the Thomas Edison of our time"

So true. Steals ideas from others and markets the ideas as his own.

Jobs true genius was his ability to come up with concepts that he had no idea on how to build or implement....he relied on his engineers for the magic and he was credited for the entire project. He drew the picture and others colored in the details.

Jobs true genius was his ability to come up with concepts that he had no idea on how to build or implement....he relied on his engineers for the magic and he was credited for the entire project. He drew the picture and others colored in the details.

He drew a picture of a rectangle with rounded edges and said, "Get to work!"?

:p

All Apple needs to do to make money forever is release a new phone and tablet every year, just slightly different / better than the last, right? I mean, iSheep will wait in line for anything.

Take a turd, seal it up in ember and polish it up really nice. Call it the Turd of Jobs and people will line up around the block to buy it. $299, bargain!

All Apple needs to do to make money forever is release a new phone and tablet every year, just slightly different / better than the last, right? I mean, iSheep will wait in line for anything.

Take a turd, seal it up in ember and polish it up really nice. Call it the Turd of Jobs and people will line up around the block to buy it. $299, bargain!

This will only hold up as long as the iPhone Apps store remains Superior. I'm moving from apple the day I'm able to get all the apps on either platform......but currently over half the games/apps I use are apple only.

Steve Jobs does make a good fit for Edison of our time...........But then who would be Tesla?

This make anyone else remember http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla where Edison is a real dick to Tesla who is trying to invent new technology. Instead Edison is trying to make money on marketing...

Dang I guess Jobs was really Edison 2.0

I agree, he is the Thomas Edison of our times. Both were very successful businessmen. Both were driven. Both were domineering. Both helped build successful companies. Both relied on taking full credit for other peoples hard work. Both stole from other people and then convinced the world they did it themselves. Both are, and will be, remembered historically as creative men when neither was at all.

the thomas edison of our time....? the guy who patented a rectangle with rounded corners? yea ok....

Steve Jobs does make a good fit for Edison of our time...........But then who would be Tesla?

There is no single Tesla. Today's Tesla is an amalgamation of individuals and large and small companies that Job's and Apple used, abused, and sued. Between them all they are/were just as great as Tesla. Tesla was just so incredibly that it takes that many other people and businesses to match him.

Steve Jobs = "the Thomas Edison of our time"?? What a load of crap! I mean name thing He, not someone else, invented. Sure he picked out some good ideas. But they were all someone else's ideas. And he isn't even in the same ballpark as Thomas Edison.

Calling Jobs the Edison of our time also works as an incredibly backhanded compliment.

Jobs, like Edison, took credit for other peoples' work and engaged in manipulative practices to intimidate and squash competition. Sounds about right.

Ah, horseshit. I mean, really. Overall, no one does SHIT with idea's until Apple does, then everyone goes "me too me too me too".

Give me a fucking break.

That is pretty damned accurate I think.

Maybe this new guy can breath some life into iOS. iOS works great, however it is time to updates its looks and functionality.

Or at the very minimum, let people change the damn color of the UI elements. Jeez...

Yup, basically what Hilter did for the famous Volkswagen company and in particular their most famous model the VW Bug.

Hitler should be given credit for his vision and his leadership role in organizing the people, but he probably couldn't swap even swap in a spare tire.

Cliffs Notes: Steve Jobs is Hitler.

Yup, basically what Hilter did for the famous Volkswagen company and in particular their most famous model the VW Bug.

Hitler should be given credit for his vision and his leadership role in organizing the people, but he probably couldn't swap even swap in a spare tire.

Cliffs Notes: Steve Jobs is Hitler.

Godwin's Law fulfilled.

Steve Jobs = "the Thomas Edison of our time"?? What a load of crap! I mean name thing He, not someone else, invented. Sure he picked out some good ideas. But they were all someone else's ideas. And he isn't even in the same ballpark as Thomas Edison.

Name me one thing Edison invented. Right after you say light bulbs go read this article... http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

See Jobs really is Edison 2.0....

It mentions Hitler 5 times...

frog.gif

QFT
A master bullshit artist, that's all both of them ever were.

Bill Gates and Nicola Tesla, ftw. :cool:

Um, he's just out of his mind. Completely.
Modern Linux has little to do with Linus at this point, other than the name.

Was Linux really that great of an achievement anyway ... isn't it just a progression of Unix ... and it doesn't have the user base of Bill Gates Windows OS ... I think BG is the far superior choice ;)

Was Linux really that great of an achievement anyway ... isn't it just a progression of Unix ... and it doesn't have the user base of Bill Gates Windows OS ... I think BG is the far superior choice ;)

You're joking right?
Yes Linux was and still is a great achievement, considering it is what is running nearly every single supercomputer in the world at the moment.
Don't be a fucking moron. ;)

Not to get this thread off track, but Linux has become far more than just a progression of UNIX, considering that's what it was over 15 years ago.
Things have moved on, get with the times. :rolleyes:

it doesn't have the user base of Bill Gates Windows OS
It never will, considering individuals require more intelligence than a rock to use it.

You're joking right?
Yes Linux was and still is a great achievement, considering it is what is running nearly every single supercomputer in the world at the moment.
Don't be a fucking moron. ;)

Not to get this thread off track, but Linux has become far more than just a progression of UNIX, considering that's what it was over 15 years ago.
Things have moved on, get with the times. :rolleyes:

Sorry ... I have spent my entire working career with computers gaming and performing Office related tasks ... all of which don't involve Linux ... if Linux could play the best games and run the best gaming hardware I would be more fond of it ... and it doesn't seem to help me make better spreadsheets or powerpoint presentations ... the two activities most performed by the modern engineer

Is Linux more environmentally friendly than Windows ... since I do environmental compliance for a living I could embrace it from that angle ... even if it does have weaknesses in the best use of a computer (to play games) :p

The Edison/Tesla thing is always suspicious to me. 100 years later we suddenly are are aware of the 'truth'. More likely 100 years later you can write revisionist books that use sensationalism, exaggeration, and cherry picking to sell copies.

The Edison/Tesla thing is always suspicious to me. 100 years later we suddenly are are aware of the 'truth'. More likely 100 years later you can write revisionist books that use sensationalism, exaggeration, and cherry picking to sell copies.

The truth has always been available. Go to the library and reas some news slides.

Back