Member I dealt with won't leave heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMetal_53

[H]ard|Gawd
So I recently made a deal with a member here on [H]. I sold them a used Abit motherboard. I provided them with the tracking number on time, and told them to PM if there were any problems. I checked in with them when the USPS told me it was delivered to make sure they got the package, and I told them to PM me back to make sure it worked. After not hearing back from them, I assumed that everything was fine, so I left them positive heat. That was three weeks ago. I have asked a few times via PM to get heat back, but they haven't responded to me. Any suggestions? I know it's only a heat eval, but I don't have very many, and every positive one would help.

It's not a requirement to leave Heat. It's nice when they do, but pestering someone about it may drive him to leave a negative or neutral.

That's a fair point. I've only left them a few PMs over the course of the three weeks; I just don't understand why they won't even let me know that they aren't going to leave me one :confused: They've signed in every day, and it's not like it takes that long to leave a PM

That's a fair point. I've only left them a few PMs over the course of the three weeks; I just don't understand why they won't even let me know that they aren't going to leave me one :confused: They've signed in every day, and it's not like it takes that long to leave a PM

Got me. If you feel strong enough about this add him to your DNT list and call it done. If he comes back to say that you scammed him you've got proof that you attempted to contact him and make sure everything was cool.

It's not a requirement to leave Heat. It's nice when they do, but pestering someone about it may drive him to leave a negative or neutral.

I don't see how pestering could effect the rating of a Heatware feedback. Sure it can annoy the person being pestered but it doesn't give them the right to leave a negative feedback because of it. For someone to leave a negative it would require them being unhappy with the product and/or service itself, not because they don't like the person that bought/sold the item.

You can be annoyed by a person all you want, but it doesn't give you a right to leave them a negative feedback if you are happy with the deal itself. If someones not happy with the deal they should let the other person know, not just ignore them.

That is just my opinion.

I don't see how pestering could effect the rating of a Heatware feedback. Sure it can annoy the person being pestered but it doesn't give them the right to leave a negative feedback because of it. For someone to leave a negative it would require them being unhappy with the product and/or service itself, not because they don't like the person that bought/sold the item.

You can be annoyed by a person all you want, but it doesn't give you a right to leave them a negative feedback if you are happy with the deal itself. If someones not happy with the deal they should let the other person know, not just ignore them.

That is just my opinion.

I never said it was right.

I never said you said it was. I'm just saying that it shouldn't even be considered as a possible outcome.

People are irrational. This guy signing on and knowing how to check his PMs (I assume that's how the deal went down), yet isn't taking the time to respond to the seller's question is proof enoug of that. There's no telling how me might react to continued queries. The OP has stated that he doesn't have much (postive) Heat and a single negative by an irriational person would be devastating to his ability to sell here. If he had 20 or 30 Heat, then yeah I'd agree with you, it shouldn't be considered, but that's not the case with this thread.

I never said you said it was. I'm just saying that it shouldn't even be considered as a possible outcome.

ya dell dude very foolish assumption.. i have seen a few bad heatware left after person pestered them into leaving heatware move on nothing else you can do..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back