Merom, allendale, or conroe!?

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
OK, so look at this screenshot. I have 4 different programs running that detect my CPU, which is a Core2Duo e6300. Anyway, it SHOULD show as a Conroe, right?
Well:

screenshot2.jpg

Occt says merom
Coretemp says allendale
CpuZ says Conroe
and Everest (the one on the bottom) says allendale.

I know what I have, I just think it's interesting that only one out of these four apps gives it correctly.

WRONG.

This is a well known problem now. Your chip is indeed a Conroe (Physically), but with 2 MB cache removed. There is a difference between this and an Allendale. The Allendales are made with only 2 mb cache. You have a conroe with 2 mb of the cache removed (so you are left with 2 MB). Trust CPU-Z, it is correct.

Intel has publicly stated that the E6300 and E6400 are Conroes, the E4xxx are Allendales and the notebook models are Meroms.

WRONG.

This is a well known problem now. Your chip is indeed a Conroe (Physically), but with 2 MB cache removed. There is a difference between this and an Allendale. The Allendales are made with only 2 mb cache. You have a conroe with 2 mb of the cache removed (so you are left with 2 MB). Trust CPU-Z, it is correct.

right. and when you see it reported as allendale, it's because the software was written when we were all under the pretenses that e6300/6400 were allendale. Even cpuz in the older versions said allendale and sse4. Now it's fixed to conroe and ssse3. Other apps may just not have followed suit yet. Not sure why occt says merom though.

Back