Messy 180b

Endrithius

Limp Gawd
So, I just picked up an Antec P180b - installed everything, including watercooling - which is apparently a feat for this case! Anyway, I had lots of problems including the motherboard grounding out to the case - causing me to think I had a lot bigger problems then a cramped case...

Anyway fixed all the grounding problems and now the case is extremely cramped. Wires everywhere, all my water tubing is cut to length - so I don't have a bunch of extra tubing just crammed into places. I eventually plan to use clear PVC pipe for a super clean loop - but for now I just have vinyl tubing in place. The big problem is all the cables. The floppy cable that came with the board is long and stiff - I only need about 6 inches of floppy cable. Then the one IDE cable that runs to my cd rom drive - I am sincerely thinking about replacing with a SATA conversion.

Questions:
Is the sata to IDE conversion going to give me any problems - I see the plates everywhere that just plug into the IDE connector and then a SATA cable connects to them, I am just curious if I am going to run into any compatibility issues.

I have an Antec NeoHE-550 PSU - the cables fit through the holes ment for the psu - only problem is - they are EXTREMELY close to rubbing the fan in between the PSU bay and the HD bays. I worry that I am going to either clog the fan up with cables or worse - zip through a wire and fry something...
Any ideas that dont requrie hardcore dremel+repaint?

My Abit SATA<->PATA converter did not work for my DVD burner. :( It was seen, but couldn't mount or read discs. (Under Linux).

You have a couple simple things you can do. Wire-tie, cable-clamp or shink-wrap or combinations. Basically tidy up your bundle and tie it back. Be sure you dont impede the air. Some even come in glorious colors that glow.

http://www.xoxide.com/wiresleeves.html

I will take some pics of my cable moding with my p180 and the antec he 550w.

Back