Meteor Light Kit Question.

Nobi125

[H]ard|Gawd
Every time my system shuts off the light setting that I selected is not preserved upon the next boot. This is sorta a pain since I have to sit there and press the little button 5 or so times to get it to use the "always on" mode. I don't really like the other modes that flash and such, I just want a solid light. I'm wishing I would have gone with cold cathodes instead.....

Anyways, does anyone know how to just make this thing run the way I want it to, or somehow make it remember my settings?

Are they old?

I recently built a system that used them, and the setting stayed through power downs.

SarverSystems said:
You could always bypass the controller.

I have heard people refer to it as an inverter. Is it even critical?

I'll have to get a power cable adapter then.

Invertor = converting DCV to ACV by inverting every other cycle.

Only CCFLs and glow wire have an invertor.

Most websites refer to the controller for the LED tubes as invertors, but they are not invertors. Either the websites are stupid, or they think their customers are.

If you look on your light tubes, there are 4 wires coming out of them. A black wire, and 3 other colored wires. Mine were red, orange, yellow.

If you connect all of the wires together, and use the black wire as a ground, connect it to 5VDC (red wire on your molex) all LEDs will lgith up at the same time.

Does anyone else have this problem.

Just want to make sure mine aren't defective before I start modding them.

SarverSystems said:
Invertor = converting DCV to ACV by inverting every other cycle.

Only CCFLs and glow wire have an invertor.

Most websites refer to the controller for the LED tubes as invertors, but they are not invertors. Either the websites are stupid, or they think their customers are.

If you look on your light tubes, there are 4 wires coming out of them. A black wire, and 3 other colored wires. Mine were red, orange, yellow.

If you connect all of the wires together, and use the black wire as a ground, connect it to 5VDC (red wire on your molex) all LEDs will lgith up at the same time.

So when hardwiring in LED kits it is best to always use the 5V like on the Molex connectors?

do you shut off the power supply or unplug it? removing the power source entirely could be why it does that. when your system powers down the powersupply continues to feed a small current through the system to maintain various settings and info.

umbra said:
do you shut off the power supply or unplug it? removing the power source entirely could be why it does that. when your system powers down the powersupply continues to feed a small current through the system to maintain various settings and info.

You are referring to the +5VDC standby lead that is on the ATX connector. It used for to power things like USB mice and keyboards.

The lightkit connects to a molex connector, which does not have the 5VDC standby lead.

That's a good idea though, I wonder if that wire can be used to power things such as lights, even with the system turned off?

nobi125 said:
Does anyone else have this problem.

Just want to make sure mine aren't defective before I start modding them.

I can confirm that my UV Meteor light does the same thing. Why did they make the default to flash on startup, that's stupid. I'm planning on modding the controller, or replacing it entirely.
-PHiZ

PHiZ said:
I can confirm that my UV Meteor light does the same thing. Why did they make the default to flash on startup, that's stupid. I'm planning on modding the controller, or replacing it entirely.
-PHiZ

Yeah, I would be more angry at them but for $2.50 per light at Microcenter, I wasn't expecting much.

It would have made far more sense to have the light solidly lit by default, instead of rave mode.

Back