MGS4 & PS3 sales numbers

The Japanese numbers are excellent, should be interesting to see how they do next week. The vgchartz numbers are pulled out of their asses... as usual.

Yep im part of those statistics lol. I was going to buy a PS3 regardless just really never got around to it. Once MGS4 hit the shelves though, that was my motivation to get up and finally get a PS3.

'One week of high sales is going to have a minimal impact', wow, that guy is incredibly intelligent.

The sky is blue and grass is green. I AM A GENIUS!!!!!!!!

I am sooo tempted to go grab a PS3 right now. I have loved all the previous MGS games.

I think to hold myself back a few more weeks I will beat MGS 1-3 before I go pick up a PS3 for 4.

I am sooo tempted to go grab a PS3 right now. I have loved all the previous MGS games.

I think to hold myself back a few more weeks I will beat MGS 1-3 before I go pick up a PS3 for 4.
MGS 4 is by far the best. Honestly, you'll be in awe most of the time playing it.

I bought it for the Blu-Ray capabilities,I will not lie. I am glad I picked one up though MGS4, R&C: Tools of Destruction, and Uncharted are fantastic.

I'm glad PS3 has some growth coming. MGS4 is and was the perfect game for this catalyst. I'm only on Act 4 of the game, but it is literally one of the best games I've played in a long time, and I do plan on playing it through again!

its funny MGS4 was release just 1 week before my bday , cause i had a ps3 40gig as a gift.. so im adding to the stats. I did not get MGS4 yet because i dont have a lot of time to spent playing since im moving into a new home i just built.

MGS4 is absolutely amazing. I've never played any of the prior 3, but this game is fantastic. I'm not a fan of sneaking around by any means and can't make it through a Splinter Cell game, but MGS you have the option of either or.
the custscenes flowing straight into the game are superb.
A+ on this game.

I've been gaming since I was 4 years old, and MGS4 is the best game I've ever played. Not saying it's my personal favorite necessarily, but I've never seen a more complete, polished, and utterly jaw dropping game in my life. It is without a doubt one of the best series conclusions ever. Hideo Kojima is my fucking hero.

hmm...this looks like a good game. The prices are marked very high on ebay. I guess due to availability?

Edit: prices marked high on the 80GB ps3 bundle..not just the game

I loved MGS4 as well. EPIC also comes to mind. I just wish it was longer, but all good games should leave you feeling this way.

finally picked up my ps3 saturday but got GTa4 instead of MGS..

At the time GTA4 just seemed so right (and online is very fun i'd have to say). But MGS 4 is next on my list definitely. Playing the first like hour at my friends last weekend sold me on a Ps3.

Couldnt get the bundle so I went for the 40gb and upgraded the PS3 for the same price :D.

I grabbed a 40 gig, MGS4 and a dual shock 3... got it at walmart so I got the $100 gift card. Not too shabby :)

finally beat gta4 this past weekend (damn retardedly long hours at work) and i picked up a ps3 at that title's launch with the intention of playing mgs4 as well... gt5 is the main reason i bought the system though.

i can hardly wait to see how mgs4 looks on my new 47" hdtv.

I've always liked the Metal Gear series, but I didn't think MGS4 justified buying a PS3 when I already own a 360. However, I played MGS4 at a friends house, and went out and bought a PS3 that same day. Amazing game, simply amazing.

I've always liked the Metal Gear series, but I didn't think MGS4 justified buying a PS3 when I already own a 360. However, I played MGS4 at a friends house, and went out and bought a PS3 that same day. Amazing game, simply amazing.

It really is a wonderful game! I think many don't want to buy into the hype of MGS4, and that's okay...but they'll be missing out on a epic game that will one day be consider a modern classic. I already had a PS3 before MG hit, but I know I would definitely pick up the bundle if I didn't. IMO, the initial hype ---> real world experience is only likened to FF7 for the PS - it's a must play.

It really is a wonderful game! I think many don't want to buy into the hype of MGS4, and that's okay...but they'll be missing out on a epic game that will one day be consider a modern classic. I already had a PS3 before MG hit, but I know I would definitely pick up the bundle if I didn't. IMO, the initial hype ---> real world experience is only likened to FF7 for the PS - it's a must play.

I was doubtful......not about the game itself, but that MGS4 would pull the PS3 sales up.

Unless you are a hardcore Metal Gear fan, you wouldn't buy it (I guess). I am suprised.

Think they should come out with a Special Edition MGS4 with 1-2-3 on a double Blu Ray disc edition? Of course, you could only play 2 and 3 on the 80gb model....hmmm nevermind.

I was doubtful......not about the game itself, but that MGS4 would pull the PS3 sales up.

Unless you are a hardcore Metal Gear fan, you wouldn't buy it (I guess). I am suprised.

Think they should come out with a Special Edition MGS4 with 1-2-3 on a double Blu Ray disc edition? Of course, you could only play 2 and 3 on the 80gb model....hmmm nevermind.
I think they should remake 1,2 and 3 with the mgs4 engine, remaster the sound etc!

I think they should remake 1,2 and 3 with the mgs4 engine, remaster the sound etc!

Exactly my thought! I'm replaying 1, 2, 3, and Portable Ops (more like, 3, Portable Ops, 1, 2) before replaying 4 again to get fully immersed in the experience. It'd be awesome if they'd remake earlier games with MGS4 engine!

could someone post the numbers becuase I'm at work and most video game sites are blocked

could someone post the numbers becuase I'm at work and most video game sites are blocked
Here you go:
The exclusive Playstation 3 release, Metal Gear Solid 4, alongside special bundles and deals to promote the game worldwide have pushed PS3 hardware sales above Wii hardware sales for the first time in 2008 . Still, the battle was still close, with PS3 sales at 320,000 units compared to Wii sales at 296,000 units. In the ‘Others’ region PS3 has outsold Wii three times in 2008 , though unlike in Japan and the Americas, this week was not one of those times that PS3 outsold Wii. The Americas has seen the greatest supply issues for Wii in 2008, and PS3 has been able to capitalize on the issue four times this year . Lastly, in Japan this week PS3 was able to outsell Wii for the first time in 2008 .

Back