Mic not working.. Zalman clip on

QES

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all... I've had this Zalman clip on for around 2 years. Last time I used it I had no problems with it, never have. Must've been like 6-8 months since I've last did.

I've reinstalled windows since then. I've kept drivers up to date. Tried reinstalling the latest realtek audio driver.. newest is from june sometime. Nothing still.

Going into recording tab of sounds, the mic is set as default. Made sure the volume is 100, tried it out with all the levels of mic boost. Turned off any enhancements, nothing.

I can't get it to work with vent, teamspeak, windows speech recognition etc.. Anyone have some ideas on what else to try?

Blow some air at it? (gently, from afar if using compressed) Dunno... Check the cable to see if it got damaged or stepped on? Buy another and test? They're like $5.

Cable is fine.. So is the mic. Just got it working right away on a laptop. Hmm any ideas now? I'll try re-installing the audio driver again I guess.

Edit: Well reinstalling 2.70 didn't help, tried all the way thru to 2.67 with same problem. I don't have a soundcard, just using the mobo audio. Tried switching from front jacks to rear with no luck also.

Last edited:
Back