Micro-Center Intel E6400 C2D $159.99

thats a hellofa good deal. anyone want to buy me one and ship it to me? :(

Too bad i don;t have MicroCenter here in Maryland.

There is one in Northern VA, depending on where you live, might be worth the drive.

I was actually thinking that this might be the sign that Intel is going to do the price drops at the beginning of Q2 instead of the end.

There is one in Northern VA, depending on where you live, might be worth the drive.

I was actually thinking that this might be the sign that Intel is going to do the price drops at the beginning of Q2 instead of the end.

Hey don't get one there!! I need some to be left.

Thanks for the link OP, great deal.

So at this price does it seem more cost-justifiable than the E6600's price/performance? I really wanted to get the 6600, but this price sounds too good... Anybody have an idea how much prices will drop when newer chips come out in a month or so?

Damn, all these SWEET deals and always at this pos store!

I'm in FL, so I'm screwed basically. At least they'll probably be horded onto ebay at around this price soon... much like the combo deals microcenter has.

bump for a good deal

Too bad i don;t have MicroCenter here in Maryland.

hot!!

i wish there is a microcenter near me :(

Nice deal...to bad the closest one is about 4 hours away :mad:

Damn, all these SWEET deals and always at this pos store!

I'm in FL, so I'm screwed basically. At least they'll probably be horded onto ebay at around this price soon... much like the combo deals microcenter has.

bump for a good deal

Online link

http://www.microcenter.com/byos/byos_single_product_results.phtml?product_id=253107

Fack... I just paid $220 for this proc.
This one is OEM for sure - not a big deal if you're going to OC it, but the 90-day warranty is a bit of a turnoff if you plan to run it stock.

not a big fan of ripoff-center, probably bought 2 things from them in my entire life ever since they screwed up with a couple of rebates.
Prices on the core 2 duo will be dropping by the end of march with the new release of the new core 2 chips. Honestly I will hold off on this deal until something better will come up.

They aren't really that different from Best Buy's prices. It's just that people drown you in BB gift cards ;)

not a big fan of ripoff-center, probably bought 2 things from them in my entire life ever since they screwed up with a couple of rebates.
Prices on the core 2 duo will be dropping by the end of march with the new release of the new core 2 chips. Honestly I will hold off on this deal until something better will come up.

The E6400 is below what is scheduled for the April price drops. In for an E6400, thanks for the online link! Saved my friend a lot of trouble going to Microcenter and having to ship it to me. ;)

I'm confused here guys,I just ASS-U-ME-D if thr cpu had a $259.00 retail it would have been boxed and not oem?

Just got back from buying one.
They only had two in stock it took 40 minutes and complaining too a manager for me to get the OEM chip.
No fan isn't a problem as aftermarket cooling and OCing will be used.:D

The E6400 is below what is scheduled for the April price drops. In for an E6400, thanks for the online link! Saved my friend a lot of trouble going to Microcenter and having to ship it to me. ;)

Is there an april price for the 6400? I thought the price list had 4300, 4400, 6350, 6450, 6600 and so on.

I'm somewhat torn. I want to upgrade (esp since I sold my 2gb of ram, so I'm running with 512mb of ddr266....and boy does that slow things down), but things are in such a state of flux.....one thing I know is I can't wait till the end of april to upgrade. I might upgrade now, and sell the CPU a few weeks before the new parts come out and then upgrade again ;)

I'm confused here guys,I just ASS-U-ME-D if thr cpu had a $259.00 retail it would have been boxed and not oem?

The biggest clue -- the only one -- was the picture on coupon. If it's retail, you'll see a retail box (I've learned this from Fry's ads).

So at this price does it seem more cost-justifiable than the E6600's price/performance? I really wanted to get the 6600, but this price sounds too good... Anybody have an idea how much prices will drop when newer chips come out in a month or so?

Even at regular prices, the E6400 has better price/performance than the E6600 IMO :D .

At $160 for an E6400 that price is insane. Best wishes to everyone who can take advantage of that great deal.

What happened to the online offer? I tried clicking the add to cart, and it said "The product you requested is no longer available."

Are they sold out already or was the online link just for reference?

What happened to the online offer? I tried clicking the add to cart, and it said "The product you requested is no longer available."

Are they sold out already or was the online link just for reference?

OOS.

I'd love to get a microcenter near portland. Having a FRY's is nice...a Microcenter would just be too sweet.

OOS.

I'd love to get a microcenter near portland. Having a FRY's is nice...a Microcenter would just be too sweet.

Microcenter has had some deals lately, but when I was in dallas, I quit going to microcenter once Fry's opened. Fry's has more stuff to look at and generally has cheaper prices. Then again, I tended to just look around Fry's more than buy stuff. Most of the time the stuff is still cheaper on online.

Anyway, if they don't get more of these in stock, I guess my decision on the processor to buy is made.

With the CPU prices here and the extremely cheap DDR2 prices right now, its the perfect time to build a C2D rig... Unfortunately it came about 9 months too late for me :(

man I want that 6400 anybody know if the Irvine in SoCAL microcenter still has it

Back