"Micro Monster" Build up

This will be the start of my SFF custom build up. Parts list as follows.....

Legend:
* - Parts i have
+ - Parts i need

(Pics will be up soon as i can get my Camera to work)
* Thermaltake Lanbox
* ABIT NF-M2 nView Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
* Corsair XMS2 (2) 1G memory stick (I have but not a definate)
+ AMD Proc (not sure on what to go with just yet)
* Ge-Force 8800GTX
* (2)Seagate 300GB HDD
* Thermaltake Purepower 480watt Butterfly Active

Watercooling system:
Zalman ZM-WB2 Waterblock
Astek Xtereme Res/Pump
Full Alumuinum Custom made Radiator with copper core (fitiment purposes)
(As im a HUGE Thermaltake man i wanted to use as much of their products as i could but seeing space is limited i opted for smaller WC parts)

As will all my other rigs, this one will be Watercooled AND ill try the impossible and run everything internal incl. fan, Radiator, Res and hoses.

Parts are coming from a good friends Gaming/Computer shop at or below cost so no need to order online when all the parts i need are within 1/2 mile from my house. I had tons of parts that i bought and never used from the last build up.

The case will be slighty modified aswell. ;)

Let the gaming begin................

Hmm that psu might have a hard time with that card and 3 drives. Only 480w with 18a on the 12v rail.

the PSU will not power that rig. Get a Corsair 520 watt moduler and you will be set for a while.

Yes, the PSU isnt gonna work and i just picked up a HIPER, Type R Chrome 580W PSU

As far as budget, there isnt any. Im trying to use most of the new parts i had left over from the last build. I have about 8 brand new Vid. Cards still in the box. (2) GF 7950GTX, (2)Radeon 9550, (1) EVGA 8800GTX, (2) GF 7600GT, and a Radeon X1950PRO. So those will be used. Im REALLY trying to hold off on installing the 8800GTX for the Tt Tai-Chi case im build for my shop's office. I also have 5 Seagate SATA HDD (2) 320GB,(2)160GB and a 500G sothese will be ued aswell (thinking on using a single 320GB). And few NIB mobo's which i have 2 choices for this buildup. The only reason why i choosed the Tt PSU was the fact that was trying to stick with Tt as much as i could. (only if Tt made a decent Modular PSU)

Right now im extending the PSU cage to hold the custom Radiator and still have enough room underneth for everything else. Soon as i take the pics, you will have a better idea on what im trying to achieve

I want PICS!!!

:D

I know, i know. Thread is useless without pic's. To be honest, i wasn't gonna post this thread until i had pic's but i couldn't resist:D.

Just a reminder, this is not going to be an all-out gaming rig. This will rest on my night stand along with an AOC 19" monitor that will be mounted to the wall. This will also be my baby out of the bunch so it will get special care:) .This is the Silver metallic Lanbox and will be getting a nice flame job along with a few other mods seeing that i have a CNC machine in the shop. I was just cutting out some custom fan grilles today to get an idea on which direction i wanna go. Im leaning towards nice retro/Rat-fink style. Im ready to tear apart and start spaying it in the booth but im waiting till i get my camera going before i start. My Armor Jr. will be getting tore down for painting aswell.

Ill leave you guys with a few random pic's i took before my digi crapped out.

P1010127.jpg

P1010138.jpg

P1010158.jpg

Dont laugh at the maze of wiring as this is my temp. Desktop till i get the "Black Beast" up and running

P1010187.jpg

-DreadZ

Ok fella's. ive made quite a few changes in the line up. Im no longer going to use my Tt Lanbox. Couldn't see myself cutting up such a beautiful rig so i went to my friends shop and picked up a Antec NSX 1300 cube. The reason i got this one because of its simplicity. Another choice is to use a EVGA GF 7800GS i picked up today. Got the Camera up and running and now its time to mod!! :D

P1010002.jpg

P1010001.jpg

Post up progress pics tomorrow

-DreadZ

Looking forward to seeing your mods. I am almost finished with mine. Painting a case is a lot harder than it seems.

Looking forward to seeing your mods. I am almost finished with mine. Painting a case is a lot harder than it seems.

Sure is. This is why im leaving the painting to my cousin who has a paint booth at work. He paints plastic & metal signs all day so this is right up his alley.

My main goal first is to get air flowing through but this is tough with the amount of space im working with. I might have to ditch the Optical cage and build a new one.

you see here from the top that there's no room. I might have to replace this cage.....
P1010011.jpg

from the side........ (kinda deep. I want to shortened it to allow room for the pump and Res.
P1010010.jpg

P1010013.jpg

more to come.....

-DreadZ

@ AMD Rules

I notice you have "AM2 Socket member" in yer sig. There is a AM2 club in the [H]? The reason why i ask is that AM2 is all i use. This current build up sports a AM2 socket.:D

Change in mobo. Im gonna use my EVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ...... more to come..............

In the quest of never making up my mind i ran across a OCZ 620w modular PSU on the clearance rack at Walmart :LOL: listed a $129 got for $45. Open box policy, gotta love it.

SFFproject007.jpg

SFFproject008.jpg

SFFproject014.jpg

Oh and a lil' XF-I action for the Thermaltake rig
SFFproject002.jpg

SFFproject001.jpg

Why im here, i thought i'd share my idea before it gets hacked

Right side: The lion will get cut out for an 80mm exhaust fan and the square will be the window...
SFFproject006.jpg

Leftside: This will get a lion cut out with an aluminum raised relief with a ghost light highlighting it
SFFproject003.jpg

This is what im going for.....
LEDdiagramz.jpg

Top will get a cut out for the PSU fan and a single 80mm up front for intake. I might do dual 80mm if i get around the optical cage.
SFFproject004.jpg

Again, i wont be doing the cutting. My cousin who's an expert at this will do all cutting and painting.

More to come...............

Thanks Skott-

My delema is the optical cage is serious problem. Im thinking about building one from scratch but even so the DVD drive will still be in the way. Relocating it is another problem as there is no room with dual videocards, low rise XF-i, and a 620w OCZ PSU. shit, im still thinking about where the HDD are gonna go. Cooling is a huge issue with these SFF so by me modifying it has me using all available free space. ARGHHHH!!!!.

Side note, everyting is being cut as we speak so ill post pics of the outcome. At the momment im thinking on what colors should i spray it. Im leaning towards an all stealthy black

Anyway, more to come..........

-DreadZ

WOW! this is looking really good, i built my wifes pc around one of these Antec sff cases and i can assure everyone their is not much space to work with and this man is doing a fine job :D

Can't wait for the update:D

Thanks alot. It means alot......

I thank my friend Edger for letting me raid his warehouse for free parts. It feels great to be able to go into a warehouse and take whatever i need. His SFF rig will be on CPU mag next month. So far ive heard that he's one of the very few that had an SFF on the cover. (He has a freakishly modified Qpack with motorized tray and panels.) I can only be as good as him someday. Anyway.....

My next dilema is the fact that the metal/plastic of the case is really soft. I cant cut out the lion in the laser or it will catch fire. I might have to dremel it out which will be time consuming. As far as paint, it will be all black. black frame, black outer case. My cousin (Who's machines im using) has red acrylic and i will be making a mobo cover that will serve 2 functions. 1) it will allow more air to flow across the face of the mobo. I will have 2 40mm fans at the front blowing in under the acrylic plate and a 90mm out back pushing it out. The cutouts for the PCI slots will be flared out this way the air will raise towards the face of the GPU. I will post more this weekend. Right now im gathering the last parts for the Tt Lanbox build up and working on my network seeing i just got the new Linksys Storage system with (8) 750GB 10,000.10 Seagate Cuda HDD, and a Masscool CS file server.:D

Antec will be the looker (with equal power) but the Tt Lanbox will be the monster of all monsters. I will be focusing on peformance with the Tt. More to come, i promise!!!

Yours truly,
DreadZ

Jumping in to tell you great job so far. It looks like its already a beast compared to my Shuttle :p

Small Update:

A good friend of mine in Germany got me a complete Heatkiller Watercooling system that is designed for tight fits and their products are top quality. My package is in the air as we speak. WOOT! Not to give away anything for the next build up but ill be using these products on the Lanbox build up.

Those who arent familar with HK watercooling proucts......

No flashy acrylic/Delron...all Coppie block
10027.jpg

Nividia GPU WB
10108&

And the sexy ass pump(He gt me 3 of these...)
30007.jpg

And all gold Edition Heatkiller will be adorning the Lanbox ;)
Z10120.jpg

Stay tune..............

-DreadZ

BTW, the mobo in the case is just for mock up. its ashame to cause its a brand new MSI :( The GPU is a ATI 9550 all just to get an idea on how much room i can play with.

I just wanted to come out of forum retirement to make a quick point here today, about the importance of hyphens in our beloved English language. Commas often receive a great deal of fanfare among champions of our language, but the lowly hyphen is often under-appreciated.

A good friend of mine in Germany got me

...list follows...

And the sexy ass pump(He gt me 3 of these...)
30007.jpg

Thanks.

I just wanted to come out of forum retirement to make a quick point here today, about the importance of hyphens in our beloved English language. Commas often receive a great deal of fanfare among champions of our language, but the lowly hyphen is often under-appreciated.

...list follows...

Thanks.

Wow, i dednt noe thes waas a inglesh gramer skool four da inglesh impaered?:confused:

Anywho,

Know update as of yet as i'm still debating on a few parts and trying to decide on a color scheme. In the meantime i've been building up my Thermaltake lanbox. (You can see both build up's on SFFClub.com.

Wow, i dednt noe thes waas a inglesh gramer skool four da inglesh impaered?:confused:

Anywho,

Know update as of yet as i'm still debating on a few parts and trying to decide on a color scheme. In the meantime i've been building up my Thermaltake lanbox. (You can see both build up's on SFFClub.com.

That was an odd post...wonder where grammar came in

Back