Microcenter 200 dollar Q6600

MD just went from 5% to 6%. Now I'm glad I don't live in Chicago.

Heh, I'm glad I live in Oregon where we don't pay sales tax. Then again, they do their best to kill us with property tax. I guess I should move across the river to Vancouver, and then just make all of my purchases in Oregon.

I just got off the phone with the Microcenter in Houston and the price of $199.99 was extended till this Friday. I recieved a new flier in the mail yesterday with the new price being $259.99.

Is there anyway on the outside of the box to till the good stepping and what do I look for? I'm an Amd guy and I just decide to purchase one since Amd seems to be pidding around right now.

Thanks, I wonder if Directron will price match...........

I'll answer one of my own questions. SLACR seems to be the good code. I called Microcenter to check the stepping but they haven't called back yet.

i spoke to someone from microcenter and said the sale is going until march 16th

just picked mine up from the one in northern. nj ..
the sales guy at first wouldnt sell it to me saying u cant buy it seperately ..
then after i told him i spoke to the 1800 number for microcenter and they told me i could .. he goes in the back saying he has to talk with his manager .. then comes out with it ..

the pack date on the one i got is 11/01/07
SLACR
L737B046

Hi,

i spoke to someone from microcenter and said the sale is going until march 16th

just picked mine up from the one in northern. nj ..
the sales guy at first wouldnt sell it to me saying u cant buy it seperately ..
then after i told him i spoke to the 1800 number for microcenter and they told me i could .. he goes in the back saying he has to talk with his manager .. then comes out with it ..

the pack date on the one i got is 11/01/07
SLACR
L737B046

Ah you must have talked to Will then :) If it was in fact him, he did the same thing. He claimed they were telling the floor people everything had to be in a bundle package. As long as he buys H member mavalpha a nice big steak I am ok with it. Mav really does not make commission like the other floor guys. Mav was also cool in the fact he would walk you through the dept and tell you whether it was worth buying or not. He was honest since he is not really making anything on it. When I got my Q6600 I was buying other stuff anyway. The funny thing is the first time I went down there, I dealt with this other guy for my 8800GT and he was not pushy at all. He was like " Here you go!"

As for your Q, interesting pack date. Mine was I think 1/10/08 L746 I forgot the other half of the batch code. Who knows you might have a good OCer there :)

Have fun overclocking your Q.
shaggy

Oh man......There's a MicroCenter here in Columbus. They have a bunch in stock, and they said the sale would last till they're out of them.

I wasn't going to build a new system till fall, but this is tempting. Put with an 8800gt 512, and about 4gigs of RAM........well, my A64/6800GT really do need to retire;)

Hi,

Ah you must have talked to Will then :) If it was in fact him, he did the same thing. He claimed they were telling the floor people everything had to be in a bundle package. As long as he buys H member mavalpha a nice big steak I am ok with it. Mav really does not make commission like the other floor guys. Mav was also cool in the fact he would walk you through the dept and tell you whether it was worth buying or not. He was honest since he is not really making anything on it. When I got my Q6600 I was buying other stuff anyway. The funny thing is the first time I went down there, I dealt with this other guy for my 8800GT and he was not pushy at all. He was like " Here you go!"

As for your Q, interesting pack date. Mine was I think 1/10/08 L746 I forgot the other half of the batch code. Who knows you might have a good OCer there :)

Have fun overclocking your Q.
shaggy

yeap it was will .. he was like my manager said we cant sell them unless with a package .. because 199 is so cheap .. i was like well Will .. i spoke to the 1800 number and they said i can purchase seperately .. and it took him forever to "talk" to his manager lol ..

anyways .. i just swapped it into my system .. booted right up at 3.6ghz with 1.35 vcore .. but cpuz and hw monitor and the bios have it reading 1.3 .. so who knows ... i played some WOW and no issues .. gonna stress test a bit later

Going back tonight for another Q6600 + MB bundle (maybe webcam, and HD). I would have stopped on the way home from the eye doctor, but they dilated me and I couldnt see $hlt.... and I was driving!

Didn't want to take a chance crashing for a processor.

Yeah, it was a tough choice at 75mph .... Q6600 or my life. LOL

Everything was sooooooo bright and I was squinting all the way home.

:cool:

Picked mine up from the St Louis Park store last night. They have a heck of a lot of them. Sales guy said the most in the chain got sent there.

just grabbed mine tonight..

just to be clear.... you dont need to put the silver grease on it right? I assumed the gray bars on the fan was the same stuff...

d.

Oh man......There's a MicroCenter here in Columbus. They have a bunch in stock, and they said the sale would last till they're out of them.

I wasn't going to build a new system till fall, but this is tempting. Put with an 8800gt 512, and about 4gigs of RAM........well, my A64/6800GT really do need to retire;)

thats exactly what I went with... 712 out the door... about 100.00 in rebates though... I was kinda getting buyers remorse..

d.

Dang it, I don't have any Microcenter's within 2 hours of my campus. :( Anyone here willing to help a brother out?

Just got mine setup tonight on an Abit IP35-e ($60 board)

Running Prime 95 on all four cores at 100%

Overclocked to 3.0Ghz on stock voltage. CPU-Z shows it running at 1.128

VID is 1.2

On the stock heatsink and fan using artic silver ceramique I get about 40/40/37/37 at idle overclocked to 3.0ghz and 60/60/57/57 at load on prime 95 hitting all four cores to 100% at 3.0ghz.

I LOVE being able to overclock 25% without changing voltage. That rocks! Coming from my AMD system where I could get 300mhz and things got flaky I'm GLAD i'm coming back to Intel!

Edit ---------------------

Update -- I let prime 95 on all four cores run last night all night and found I'm 100% stable at default voltage @ 3.0Ghz using the retail Intel Heat Sink and Fan and a FSB multiplier of 333mhz 1:1 RAM multiplier etc. My temps got up to 66C according to the core temp logs. Not that big of a deal since I'm still and default voltage and it's stable. I guess I could upgrade my heatsink/fan at some point and try for higher - but 3.0Ghz is enough for now. This chip really flys!

This was just issued again, so its good for another week at least. Page 2 or 3 of the internet specials... in store only. Overall a really good value. You can build a killer machine for uner $440 without vid or lcd add those in and that is one hell of a value! I mean your talking potentially under $1.1k for a gaming computer with a 9800GX2 $450, and 22inch LCD $200.

Crazy!

if anyone wants an opened one, thats a G0, let me know.

it was opened, but im pulling it from the system, less than 10 days old. nothing at all wrong with it, i just got a new laptop for free!

PM me. q6600 SLACR G0

they are 200$ at MC, id take 185 shipped.

it was opened, but im pulling it from the system, less than 10 days old. nothing at all wrong with it, i just got a new laptop for free!

PM me. q6600 SLACR G0

Now THAT is a hot deal. But I think you need to take it to FS/T.

PM me. q6600 SLACR G0

YGPM

I notice MC at Tustin, CA has about 20 Q6600 in stock today.
Most of them are L745B049 with 1/02/08 pack date, and there are also one or two L745A793, L745A871, and L744A469 in the cabinet.

Does anyone know how many the PA location has left? I'm picking one up tomorrow if they have a lot.

Hi,

Wow this deal got so talked up it made into the discussion area. Nice! i need to use mt quad core more so off to the gaming servers and use a couple of them.

shaggy

Anyone who want me to pick some up I have store credit at microcenter. I can get 3 tomorrow and hook anyone up. Let me know!!

Just got one. Columbus OH store still has at least 10 in their case, all SLACR. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the good stepping, right?

Also picked up an Asus P5K and 8800 GTS G92. Which is good because we're getting 12-15 inches of snow and I'll be in all weekend. :p

Just got one. Columbus OH store still has at least 10 in their case, all SLACR. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the good stepping, right?

Also picked up an Asus P5K and 8800 GTS G92. Which is good because we're getting 12-15 inches of snow and I'll be in all weekend. :p

Pretty similar to what I'm doing with my Q6600 I got from this deal. Ordered a 8800GTS G92, a P5K-E/Wifi and memory yesterday. Can't wait until I get it in. Same parts I used to upgrade my son's computer with a couple months ago and I was able to get his Q6600 running @ 3.4Ghz with no problems... ;)

Pretty similar to what I'm doing with my Q6600 I got from this deal. Ordered a 8800GTS G92, a P5K-E/Wifi and memory yesterday. Can't wait until I get it in. Same parts I used to upgrade my son's computer with a couple months ago and I was able to get his Q6600 running @ 3.4Ghz with no problems... ;)

what heat sink?

what heat sink?

The heatsink going on mine is in my sig, Thermalright SI-128 with a 120mm Coolermaster LED fan. Works fantastic on my current E6400. The HS I put on my son's computer was the upgraded version, the SI-128SE with an Akasa 120mm fan.

The heatsink going on mine is in my sig, Thermalright SI-128 with a 120mm Coolermaster LED fan. Works fantastic on my current E6400. The HS I put on my son's computer was the upgraded version, the SI-128SE with an Akasa 120mm fan.

E6400 and Q6600 are way different cpu's to cool. My Zalman that would WTF own the E6400 is struggling at 100% loads on the Q6600.

The best out there right now on air is the TRUE which stands for ThermalRight Ultra120 Extreme

You can have them pull it off the shelf and hold it for 24hrs too :) Ensuring you have one when you arrive at the store! :)

E6400 and Q6600 are way different cpu's to cool. My Zalman that would WTF own the E6400 is struggling at 100% loads on the Q6600.

The best out there right now on air is the TRUE which stands for ThermalRight Ultra120 Extreme

My understanding is the SI-128/128SE should cool comparably to the TRUE. Not as good, but not bad. The SI-128SE on my son's Q6600 running at 3.4Ghz stayed under 45C most of the time, even after several hours of intense gaming. That's good enough for me.

My understanding is the SI-128/128SE should cool comparably to the TRUE. Not as good, but not bad. The SI-128SE on my son's Q6600 running at 3.4Ghz stayed under 45C most of the time, even after several hours of intense gaming. That's good enough for me.

SI-128SE is a good cooler. I only have mine on an E6700, but even with minimal airflow and stuffed in a cramped mATX case with severely limited airflow, it's still able to keep my temps around 47C at full load (3.4GHz w/ 1.35V).

SI-128SE is a good cooler. I only have mine on an E6700, but even with minimal airflow and stuffed in a cramped mATX case with severely limited airflow, it's still able to keep my temps around 47C at full load (3.4GHz w/ 1.35V).

Yeah, I figure my original SI-128 will be slightly less able, but only slightly. If I'm wrong, I'll end up buying myself another SI-128SE as I was very impressed with it on my son's system.

Back