Microcenter 2600k Deal Is Back: Buy 2600k at $279 and get $60 off MOBO purchase

Levii

Limp Gawd
I got this in an email from Microcenter. I don't think this is quite as hot as before (it was $80 off before, right?), but still worth posting.

tumblr_lvl4t2bCn31r50b8a

tumblr_lvl4tftldg1r50b8a

^^^ It's a good deal... but in store only. Look at the fine print to the left of the CPU price in the ad. I got my CPU/MOBO from a similar combo. ;)

It was $80 off a Z68 mobo when I got it a few months ago. Still better than paying full price though.

Good thing I don't have the time to build a computer right now otherwise I'd jump on it.

Also, I can take advantage of this deal since I work near a microcenter but they don't sell the the board I want. Maybe when the deal comes around again I can pick a board and sell it and pocket the difference.

Someone wake me up when a deal comes back around for the i5-2500k.

Need one new, used, open box, or off the back of a truck - I'm not picky - just cheap.
It's the last purchase holding up my updated system build.

I got in on the 2500K deal a week back but its still boxed and unopened. At the time the combo only worked for the 2500K, now it's reversed. So now I'm wondering if 2600K is worth the extra $100

I got in on the 2500K deal a week back but its still boxed and unopened. At the time the combo only worked for the 2500K, now it's reversed. So now I'm wondering if 2600K is worth the extra $100

A lot of people disable HT in the BIOS for gaming anyway. So that leaves you with a CPU that has a bit more cache and a slightly higher stock speed. Once OC'd though the difference all but disappears. That's why I bought the 2500k. Save that $100 and buy a better GPU, more RAM or a SSD.

My2c

The deal never went away. It is part of their monthly brochures! It used to be $80 off 2600K and $40 off 2500K

Actually when I was at MC they said the combo was only for the 2500K. But who knows, maybe the guy I spoke to was wrong.

I've been searching the Tustin store for a decent Mobo to combo with this week, seems like all of the good ($200ish) mobo's are out of stock.

I may try to drive by on my way home from work today and see if there's some luck in finding a good combo in store.

Been itching for an upgrade and my USB is flaking out on my current rig... looking to go 2500K/z68 Gen3 board.

So I guess this is sort of a YMMV thing, but since some people have expressed desire for the i5, I figured I'd let you know how things went for me.

I just got back from MC (Yonkers, NY) and the deal they had in their circular was for the i5 2500k, $60 off w/ mobo. They had no deal on the i7 running at the time.

I picked up an i5 2500k with an MSI P67A-G43-B3 for $220.

This deal is also comptible with select Z68 motherboards and i5-2500k.

My local Tustin, CA MC is all out of 2500ks right now. They are supposed to get a shipment of 2500ks on Monday. However right now Tustin. MC has very limited selection of MB to choose from. The black friday 2500k deal sold most of these hot deal mb combos.

Just picked up a ud4 board with 2500k in Chicago for $320 (plus tax) and there is a $20 mir on the mobo. Too bad there were no good ram deals, bought off amazon instead, free 2 day shipping.

$60 off mobo with 2500k works online but has to be in store pickup. Deal shows in online cart...

Picked up a 2500k and Asus Pro3-M earlier in the weekend. It's great when you can get a CPU/Mobo combo for less than the sticker price of the CPU. I was also amazed at how much faster a 3.3ghz Intel SB is compared to a 3.2ghz AMD PII. This is actually my very first Intel build and I can see why people like them(especially when you aren't paying full price.)

This is actually my very first Intel build and I can see why people like them(especially when you aren't paying full price.)

+10000000.

Just got a early Xmas present from my girl, twas a 2500k and gigabyte z68X-UD3H -B3.
Ive ran strictly AMD for the past 5 years, This is my first jump to the blue side. and WOW. Im impressed!

All my games that were "jotty/laggy" are now smooth as butter.

She said she paid $300 out the door for the combo. Which aint too bad, Considering what Ive dumped into my last AMD system..

Almost worthless at Tustin, CA. They are out of Z68 mobo except the most expensive one.

What was the date on this? The flyer looks like they dropped it again to $50.

So damn tempted but it is a pretty small upgrade from a i7 920 and ivy bridge is just around the corner.

the deals for the i5-2500K are no more, now you get $50 off not $60, and it used to be $80. I guess noone can escape inflation...

So damn tempted but it is a pretty small upgrade from a i7 920 and ivy bridge is just around the corner.

I am doing the same upgrade (waiting for my RAM to come in tomorrow from Amazon), I almost didn't do it because the combo I wanted Gigabyte UD4 board and 2500k was $425 at newegg and the cheapest I could find, then I got the same combo from microcenter for $350 with tax included and a $20 MIB, so I couldn't pass it up. After rebates the upgrade (including 8GB RAM) is going to cost me ~$370. I am going to be able to sell my old parts (just the mobo, ram, cpu, using the rest in new setup) for around $300, maybe a little more, so the whole upgrade is going to cost me $50-$75, also getting 2GB more RAM in the deal.

All the benchmarks I have seen show the stock i5 2500k beating the i7 920, except for some of the crazy programs that utilize the hyperthreading, but its nothing I use! All the stuff I use the 2500k beats the 920 and sometimes by 25% or more! And I will be overclocking it to around 4.4-4.6 ghz, where the i7 I usually had at 3.6-3.8, which should benefit a few games like Skyrim.

was also going to buy a GTX 570 (amazon, $300 after mir deal) but spent a few hours overclocking my GTX 470 last night (hadn't tried it before since it ran most of my old games fine) and was able to get a 50% fps boost in the Heaven benchmark, went from 19 fps to 27.7 fps (2560X1440 res) and ran stable for an hour on the MSI burn tool, no artifacts and not going over 90 degrees. since it looks like I have it running as well as a stock GTX 570 I will wait for the next generation graphics cards for sure, but I think the cpu upgrade is worth it now.

Also I have seen many articles saying that the new ivy chips will not show the big increase like the past 2 chips did, especially for gaming, but hey if I can upgrade every year for less than $100 I am fine with that (just a pain building and selling old parts and having to get microsoft to reset my windows software for my rebuild)

Tustin MC just received over 430 i5-2500ks. The web site may not show the available yet but they are in stock. More Z68 mbs by wednsday. Deal is good for 2500k as well.

I went to the Central Illinois location this last weekend and they didnt have the 2600k combo but the 2500k instead. Got the 2500k for 179. :)

2600k or go home. Im still running a i7 950 at 4.0-4.1 Ghz stable for over a year now. The real only Upgrade id need is a gtx 580 or something thats cheaper in SLI that beats a 590 or keeps up. that will prob last me 2-3years since im running 285gtx sli and run Bf3 medium settings at 1080p.

Last edited:
wow this deal is hot
especially the 2500k

if some1 is willing to help me with that will be really appreciated
living in israel and the prices here are ....
if some1 is willing to make a deal and buy and this ship to me i will pay for it and more.

contact me please:
[email protected]

2600k or go home. Im still running a i7 950 at 4.0-4.1 Ghz stable for over a year now. The real only Upgrade id need is a gtx 580 or something thats cheaper in SLI that beats a 590 or keeps up. that will prob last me 2-3years since im running 285gtx sli and run Bf3 medium settings at 1080p.

Hey. AWESOME. Good for YOU! :rolleyes:

But, seriously.
At $179.99 retail boxed from a physical store that you can go pick it up at, the 2500k is a ridiculously good deal.

If you've had your chip for that long, I'm sure you paid through the nose for it.
I'd probably feel the need to justify my purchase as well. amirite?

I sold my i7-960 to buy i5-2500k. I'm having just as much fun with my 2500k which costed much less and I'm saving money on my electric bill and I now have a mother board that is ready for Ivy Bridge 22nm and has PCI 3.0 support for my next video card upgrade. I have no regrets.

oh...
I got my MSI Z68A-GD65 G3 and i5-2500k for black friday deal under $300. Again I have no complaints and can only recommend the 2500k with Z68 Gen 3 motherboard deal at MC for its supreme value.

the deals for the i5-2500K are no more, now you get $50 off not $60, and it used to be $80. I guess noone can escape inflation...

It was only $80 of for the 2600k. $50 MB with purchase of 2500k/2600k is still a good deal.

i want a 180$ 2500k or wait even better a black friday/christmas deal 149.99 ya ya gogo lols really tho locally they want 229 for the 2500k what a rip off

OMFG. Why? Why can't there be a Microcenter near me? This is an injustice I tell you!!!!:mad:

Of course the one day my fiance is in my hometown with the Microcenter, they go out of stock on the 2600K. :/

Maybe someone can set me straight. I thought the LGA 2011 boards were for the Sandy Bridge E and all upcoming Ivy Bridge. Yet now I'm reading that the LGA 2011 is just for Sandy Bridge E and that LGA 1155 the current Sandy Bridge cpu's use is also what Ivy Bridge will use. So if I buy a 2500k now with a nice Z68 motherboard will I be able to drop an Ivy Bridge chip into it later? Or will Z68 boards not be compatible with Ivy Bridge.

Is LGA 2011 nothing more than a an extremely temporary socket for use with the X79 and Sandy Bridge E to keep the high end happy?

Back