Microcenter AMD CPU + free Mobo = $99

jebo_4jc

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2011
The deal is back. You can either get a MSI mATX for free, or an ATX for $9.99

The X2 555 can supposedly be unlocked to a quad core: http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0327512

Here's the mATX mobo:
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0334113

S785GT-E45 Socket AM3 / AM2+ 785G mATX Motherboard
FREE
FREE after instant savings, $20 MFR BUNDLE mail-in rebate and $50 BUNDLE savings / REG. $74.99 / 643288

AMD® Athlon™ II X4 630
$99.99
Price after instant savings / REG. $139.99 / 554204

AMD® Phenom™ II X3 720 Black Edition
$99.99
Price after instant savings / REG. $174.99 / 238097

AMD® Phenom™ II X2 555 Black Edition
$99.99
Price after instant savings / REG. $119.99 / 554220

AMD® Phenom™ II X4 965 Black Edition
$179.99
Price after instant savings / REG. $349.99 / 518936

ATX 785 Motherboard
$9.99 Price after instant savings, $20 MFR BUNDLE mail-in rebate, $50 BUNDLE savings and qualifying AMD processor purchase / REG. $86.99 / 619825

It mentions a MIR, but I just reserved one for in store pickup and the checkout screen only said $99 + tax. We'll see.

edit: found an e-mail link
http://f.microcentermail.com//asbs/...K=yE87&BrCs=498&BrCg=16187133&BrRc=1468555205

Last edited:
Thanks, missed this last time around.

Just reserved mine, will pick up after work.

This is sooo tempting, but whats stopping me from getting the crappy MB?

Why can't they give a us a good 890GX MB for $50 :(

man I wish the MC was closer to me

anyone want to buy it for me and ship it??

man I wish the MC was closer to me

anyone want to buy it for me and ship it??
maybe.....

I bought a X2 555/mATX mobo combo, and I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to use it for :)

[QUOTE="I'm not a crook";1035612630]This is sooo tempting, but whats stopping me from getting the crappy MB?

Why can't they give a us a good 890GX MB for $50 :([/QUOTE]

If they were giving out the MSI 890GXM-G65 I'd be all over this deal.

Those of you buying for the hope of unlocking third/forth cores, remember that it's not guaranteed to unlock.

Not bad though. If I was looking to build another rig, I'd grab one of these deals.

i believe youre thinking of asus. theyre the only ones with an unlocking 890 mobo afaik
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

picked up mine last night. Total for the athlon II x4 and mobo was 106 after tax, woot. Too lazy to swap them into my media center right now but I read online these seem to get up to 3.5 on any 1/2 way decent air cooler without any real tweaking. Have to see if i can find my am2 mounting brackets for any of my heat sinks.

picked up mine last night. Total for the athlon II x4 and mobo was 106 after tax, woot. Too lazy to swap them into my media center right now but I read online these seem to get up to 3.5 on any 1/2 way decent air cooler without any real tweaking. Have to see if i can find my am2 mounting brackets for any of my heat sinks.
how is the stock HS? Not enough for any overclocking in your mind?

Tricky bastards. Picture in the email photo has a matx with 4 rams slots. One you get only has 2 slots. Too bad Frys can do a free 890 with AMD proc but MC can't. I dont want any more AM2+ boards. Anything new is going to be AM3 for me.

It's the same cheap POS that comes with the low end athlons and semprons. I guess it works but i wouldn't use it. The core contact area doesn't even cover the entire cpu. I saw some cheap dual heat pipe core contact coolers at micro center for $14 on sale, hyper 101's or something like that. I would def pick one up even if not overclocking.

The only reason I didn't grab one is I already have a xigy on the media center, just need to find the amd mounts.

The picture I saw only showed 2 ram slots on the matx. The ATX mobo you could get for $10 has 4 slots and better NB cooling.

amd0430a_02.jpg

4 slots.

Why does Microcenter and Fry's always offer these deals in-store, but not online? I think all Fry's and MC deals should be banned from Hot Deals, LOL. They're the only places I've ever seen to offer better deals and prices in-store than what you can get online.

Why does Microcenter and Fry's always offer these deals in-store, but not online? I think all Fry's and MC deals should be banned from Hot Deals, LOL. They're the only places I've ever seen to offer better deals and prices in-store than what you can get online.
because they want you to buy $300 worth of keyboards, mice, surge protectors, and usb cables on your way out the door

ya I guess the email graphic is wrong. But at least the part page when you add the mobo to your cart is right. Still $10 for the upgrade isn't a bad deal if you don't need matx.

how is the stock HS? Not enough for any overclocking in your mind?

Depends on which heatsink you get and how much noise will bother you. I've got my 550be at 3.75 on stock AM2+ cooler and under load, it can get a bit noisy, but I always wear headphones while doing something that would bring the fan noise up, so it doesn't bother me. I should swap in my AM3 cooler and see if it's any better...

My buddy that just bought the x4 955/890gx combo at fry's has the "better" stock heatsink. Has a copper baseplate with aluminum fins iirc, but that thing gets WAY louder than mine does. Even comparing them together at 100%, his is a beast compared to mine.

Haha, I feel your pain. These deals are way too good...too bad I have not a single Fry's or MC near me...

Figures they'd have a newer board than the last deal. Still, I'm happy with what I got a few weeks ago for the price and definately not worth tearing down to try and get them to swap it.

picked one up with the ATX mobo, the extra ram slots is worth it. if it unlocks then ill keep it if not off to ebay for a small profit. :D

OK just got home with my gear. I picked up 955 and spent the extra $10 for the ATX board. Updated the bios to the latest and unlocked extra 2 cores and installing Windows 7 now. Great deal so far.

Your link is the actual one when you try to buy. Some people will get tricked by the ad picture and order thinking the photo in your link is wrong because they didnt check the full specs.

Picked mine up today, it's two slots. Fine for me, though, that's all I need. Going to update my WHS from my old socket 939 system and reuse my memory.

Does anyone know how long this deal is available for? I could really use the 555 combo, but I don't want to drive 20 miles both ways just to find out that it's not there anymore.

Does anyone know how long this deal is available for? I could really use the 555 combo, but I don't want to drive 20 miles both ways just to find out that it's not there anymore.

Could do instore pickup from site, it'll tell you in 18 minutes if they have it and they hold it for two business days.

Could do instore pickup from site, it'll tell you in 18 minutes if they have it and they hold it for two business days.
The store has them in stock, but there's no option for the bundle online. And I just checked the ad again, and it does say 4/23 at the way bottom... Does that apply for the whole ad, or just the discounted prices underneath the deal? I hope I can still get it :(

The combo worked fine for me on 2x instore orders over the past two deals. clicked the link from the add, added the cpu and the board to the order. At checkout, it includes the discount for the board. They don't charge your card until you pick the item up either, they just do a hold for the total.

Back