Microcenter B&M i7 950 $229 + Tax

Zoson

Supreme [H]ardness
In store pickup only.
Kind of makes me sad that I picked up an i7 930 three months ago from them for $200.

In store pickup only.
Kind of makes me sad that I picked up an i7 930 three months ago from them for $200.

Don't worry, it seems unlikely that you'd find a chip (even a 950) that would clock significantly better than 4.2GHz.

Why be sad, both will O/C pretty much the same. And the difference leftover from it, well, I guess one could cry about it.

been reading some posts at other forums about the 950 and some ppl are barely getting 3.8ghz or 4.0ghz out of it. Plus their temps on the chips are high. Have others experienced this or is it just the usual? few chips in a batch that just don't overclock?

In store pickup only.

No reason to be sad, there will always be better sales and more amazing deals. You got a really good deal, be satisfied.

Anyone know when the deal goes dead? I'm thinking about picking one of these up, and can't make it to a Microcenter until late Saturday...I'm hoping they'll still be available at this price then.

Anyone know when the deal goes dead? I'm thinking about picking one of these up, and can't make it to a Microcenter until late Saturday...I'm hoping they'll still be available at this price then.

Purchase it online now, and select store pick-up. Contact that store manager and let them know you won't be there until Saturday..win?

It's been this price for half a month now, and I don't think it's gonna change anytime soon. Intel's price cut effectively eliminated the i7 930 from its lineup since it's at the same cost as the 950 now. Hoping to see the 950 drop down to $200 at MC, but no idea if that's actually gonna happen.

The guys in store told me otherwise... "They're on sale for a limited time." There were only four left at the MC I went to.

[H]'er;1036276157 said:

I try. ;)

On the side note half of the idiots work there don't know what is going on, and the other half lie about it I mean why do they care? they just work there it is not like it costs them anything? why not just sell their products to us and stop lying? is that too much to ask?

wait another month until they clear all 930
then 950 will be 200
at least that is what the manager friend from hs told me

Today this CPU now comes in some combos with mobos at microcenter might be worth checking out.

I drive an hour and a half to get to microcenter.
Also, the chip does 4GHz at 200BCLK with 2GHz mem.

Anyone want to buy it off me? It's in my fs/ft thread.

Back