Microphone issues with sound card

• Thread starter Deleted member 89137
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89137

So I've gone through 3 different microphones and I have the same issue with all of them, the volume is way too quiet with +20boost and the volume all the way up. The microphone I'm using currently is a audiotechnica omnidirectional desk mic. Sound card is a bgears benspirer with the c-media oxygen HD chip. I have tried vista x64 and seven x64 and the same issue. The microphone is nowhere near the volume it should be. I've tried 3 different mics (different ones) and they all are exactly the same. I am thinking its a sound card issue, but I've tried reinstalling drivers like 5000 times. I've used bgears drivers and the c-media oxygen drivers and it's all teh same. Any suggestions??

Can you test the mic on your alt computer (in ur sig)? Can you test it with the onboard soundcard of your p5e? That's where I would start...

Use another sound card for the microphone. Those early HiTec/bgears/Auzentech cards all have defective microphone ports where the recording volume doesn't go beyond 5-10%.

It's not the microphone it's the sound card I have already tried it on other computers, and they were fine on my onboard card. It's the sound card, I already know that, and if it's a defective port, do you think they would accept an RMA, it's not even a year old...

Back