Microsoft Apologizes For Photoshop Debacle

doubleplusgood fail AGAIN :D

the original picture from US domain with a copywrite date of 2008 had the black man
The poland picture with a copywrite date of 2009 had the black guy head photoshopped to a white guy

FFS the hands were the same. A white guy with black hands and you still think it was the white guy that was shopped to a black guy

You Sir are full of FAIL

No, i think you are somehow unable to understand/comprehend what he said, or you guys are getting caught up in semantics.... he said if it was a black guy for a white guy then it would be fine.....

you said...
umm it was a black guy for a white guy o_O

doublefail plusgood

But on the topic..... this is hilarious to me, and it really does look like the Southpark crew shopped a celebrity head on a completely different body, the angle and the smile is almost exactly what I would expect...

More importantly, what the hell manager/quality control looked at this and said "yeah that looks good Bob, go ahead and send it out"

On other side, chinese/vietnamese even have their own shops :).

I'm just going to assume the smiley means you know how bad that sounds. Do they get to vote too?

I would have to agree on it being a mac, and I would venture to say that it is a Macbook Pro because it looks silver to me. But I'm sure we all agree that Macs are much more aesthetically pleasing than PC Laptops.

And it's a Dell monitor in front of the girl. I think that's the point: "Empower your people with the IT tools they need."

The multiple races suggest all people are empowered and the multiple vendors suggest tools are available for all platforms. The asian gentleman should have had a Blackberry for the trifecta.

Listen to me. I could be a Marketing Dweeb!

I'm no marketing major, but it seems logical to market products using people that look like the majority of your clientele. I have no problem with that other than the poor photoshopping.

To be fair, I doubt anyone in Redmond knows that much about the Polish markets. They probably hired some outside marketing company to do some marketing for them and the outside company didn't know how to use Photoshop correctly but thought that including an extra white person would cater better to the target audience. However, MS should have done better proofreading of the marketing materials before they went out the door so it is their fault too.

the original picture from US domain with a copywrite date of 2008 had the black man
The poland picture with a copywrite date of 2009 had the black guy head photoshopped to a white guy

FFS the hands were the same. A white guy with black hands and you still think it was the white guy that was shopped to a black guy

You Sir are full of FAIL

Code:
Actually it was a white guy for a black guy.. or did you miss that?

This statement is ambiguous, because it can be read both ways.

You can read it to mean "the white guy was replaced by the black guy" or "there was a white guy and the black guy replaced him".

Communications fail.

That was a terrible shopping of the pic. Mabe thier white men wish they had big black hands eh :eek:

This doesn't seem that egregious, or racist for that matter, unless you're purposely trying to make everything a racist issue... It's nowhere near as bad as one of those Intel ads a while ago where they had the one white guy in the middle with four black guys in track suits bowing down (as if to take off in a track n field race) at either side of him, now that was terrible.

Terrible shop job but funny none the less. :) They don't have black people in Poland, why not cater to the whities? No problem from me, just retake the damn picture with a white dude!

You Sir are full of FAIL

Doh. :(.. ZOOOM! Right over your head there buddy.. :rolleyes:

Do you not understand that a white guy for a black guy means that THEY PHOTOSHOPPED A WHITE GUY IN FOR WHERE A BLACK GUY WAS?

The next time you want to feel superior by calling out the fails.. at the very least, READ WHAT WAS SAID and try to COMPREHEND it properly. :rolleyes:

This thread is making me sad. Yeah I'm reposting the pic again but this place seriously needs more LOLs:

busey.jpg

There, I already feel much better. :) :) :)

Microsoft has apologized for that image that was Photoshopped by someone in their Polish marketing department and used on the company website. You can see the original images here.

The above link is to the article on the [H]ardOcp website. There's another link there,
in the front-page article, but I.E.6.patched-to-something just hangs up and won't open
the page with the original pictures on it.

I think I'll go eat some worms...bah.

That was pretty funny. That's definitely the mose Gary Busey I've seen in weeks.

There's no black folk in Poland?

Its called advertising, you have to know your audience and there is such a small number of blacks in Poland, very small.

Not aiming at you, I don't understand why so many made a big deal out of this.

The real crime is that there is a Macbook in the picture, and the Dell monitor is not plugged into anything... I begin to wonder if someone at MS just picked this picture out of a online picture stock site, bet there fired.

The real crime is that there is a Macbook in the picture, and the Dell monitor is not plugged into anything... I begin to wonder if someone at MS just picked this picture out of a online picture stock site, bet there fired.

1905FP? I had one of those.

Back