Microsoft Bluetooth IntelliMouse Explorer $39.99 + $5 S&H @ Woot!

DevilDoc

2[H]4U
Tonight's woot is the Microsoft Bluetooth IntelliMouse Explorer for $39.99 a piece, with just $5 shipping whether you buy 1, 2, or 3 of 'em. get a few and give them as Father's day gifts.

I'd jump on this one, but I already love my MX700 and want the Logtech bluetooth desktop.

Closest price I could find on froogle was $33, but they tacked on $7.49 shipping for a total of $41.49 PER EACH SHIPPED

Strengths: good looking, bluetooth usb key included, but since my laptop has bluetooth build-in, (sic) it is kinda waste for me

Weaknesses: not good for gaming which requires prompt and accurate aiming in continuous tiny movements.

Summary: Beautiful mouse! Mouse would be just fine for anyone not intending to play fps games. Mouse movements are jumpy when moving the mouse around at a very slow speed. I will be forced to buy the wired version just for gaming.

Edit: Returned product after only a week of use. Pointer lag got too frustrating! Gamers BEWARE!
Comments quoted for comparison.

~Doc

If only logitech could compete with the comfortablility of microsoft....

Anyone else have that same feeling where logitech wants you to put your pinky on the right side of the mouse instead of your ring finger. AND... they basically make you put your entire hand on the mouse... which = Uncomfortable.

Until logitech improves the comfortablility of their mice, I'll be a microsoft man!

Serapis said:
If only logitech could compete with the comfortablility of microsoft....

Anyone else have that same feeling where logitech wants you to put your pinky on the right side of the mouse instead of your ring finger. AND... they basically make you put your entire hand on the mouse... which = Uncomfortable.

Until logitech improves the comfortablility of their mice, I'll be a microsoft man!
I honestly thought that was how you're supposed to use it- I've grown up with Logi mice and wouldn't dream of switching away; for ergonomics they just can't be beat. I'm typing this on my laptop using a MouseMan Dual Optical (as good as the MX, before the MX), and my gaming rig uses an MX700. I wouldn't dream of using a mouse any other way by now! Even when I am forced to use MS mice at school, I still hold them the same way.

BTW, this actually makes sense: a three-button mouse should be used by three fingers: L-button is index, wheel is middle finger, and R-button is ring finger!

mavalpha said:
BTW, this actually makes sense: a three-button mouse should be used by three fingers: L-button is index, wheel is middle finger, and R-button is ring finger!

Since the advent of the mouse wheel, that's the way I've been using a mouse as well. I just wish my pinky wasn't hanging out there in space.

Back