Microsoft Gets Patent for Page Up, Page Down

I will join the fun here and suggest that I patent a "mechanical device that stores mechanical energy, by which a microcomputer receives an electric signal to engage the power apparatus to supply power to a microcomputer circuit board."

Just so you guys know, this patent is worthless. Just because you are GRANTED a patent doesn't mean it's valid. Microsoft can try to sue you for manufacturing a keyboard or writing an operating system with page up and page down, doesn't mean they'll win.

what does that mean, linux, apple, and all the other operating systems cant use page up and page down anymore?

I think I'm going to patent the DEL key. Just imagine how many times that key is pressed among windows users (maybe I will patent the CTRL and ALT keys too...)

MS has the prior art on those three keys in combination...it's called sloppy code in Windows or a Windows app crashing. :D

Really makes you wonder how many of the patents they claim Linux is violating are this sort of thing.

Wow, im going to patent pissing while standing.

Get ready to squat or pay fuckers.

You can't blame MS one bit for doing things like this. Seems like every other month apple, sony, microsoft, nintendo, etc are being sued on some bogus patent by some firm that does nothing but file lawsuits based on bullshit patents they own. It makes sence for them to pay the fees and patent everything they can think of as it frees them from the legal fees fighting it.

All the are doing is playing the game.

yes I can. they are playing a stupid game.

you do have a point though.

Back