Microsoft OneNote and Web Clipping

I'm using Google Chrome and I love Microsoft's web clipper extension. It does a pretty good job at clipping an entire web page including ones with scroll bars. I've never tried Evernote before so I don't know if it can clip an entire web page. One big complaint that I and others have is the low quality web clipping. For reasons that I don't understand, Microsoft doesn't seem to allow a high quality JPEG to be created. The OneNote application itself can't seem to clip an entire web page especially if it have a scrolling bars. So only part of the article is clipped.

So I used another application like SnagIt which have the capability to save an entire web page as a JPEG. For reasons that I don't understand, as soon as I import the JPEG into One Note, it doesn't expand image to a 1:1 basis. It's kind of hard for me to convey my thoughts as I don't quite know how to properly describe it. Basically I see an entire web page squished together. The text are impossible to read as they're extremely tiny. I tried to manually drag the JPEG and expand it, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone here know what I can do fix this?

While running Windows 8.1, I activated the clip function from the Windows taskbar. I tried both Firefox and the desktop version of Internet Explorer. I tested the exact same web pages in both browsers. There was a highly noticeable difference in the visible colors. The images from Firefox appeared to have a completely different, and inferior, gamut.
Edit: I don't believe Firefox originally displayed the images with bad colors, but I could be wrong. (I noticed years ago that different browsers display images differently.)

Last edited:
So the quality of the clipping from IE was much better? Were you able to clip the entire website with scrolling windows?

I decided only Internet Explorer delivers acceptable results for me. I only selected specific bits of text or images I wanted to save, not entire pages.

I realize this discussion doesn't really answer your original question.

I have been using the web-based OneNote interface lately. It seems to work okay. But one thing I can't figure out is how to know when it is safe to sign out. (By contrast, Google Docs gives a visible confirmation that everything is saved.) With OneNote I never know if I am about to lose my work by shutting down my computer.

Back