Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005 - OEM

temporalwar

Limp Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=32-102-311&depa=0

Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005 - OEM @ NEWEGG!

Model# M93-00091
Item # N82E16832102311

With all the power and functionality of Windows XP, plus new features that let you watch and record TV, manage your music, play DVDs, and more, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 gives you a remarkable new way to experience digital media in your home.
Live TV and Personal Video Recording
All of your entertainment choices are in one place: live and recorded TV, movies and videos, music, photos, radio, and on-demand entertainment.
*Must be Purchased with Hardware!!*

Remote can be found here ( I Rock one!)
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...d/133?osCsid=cad0b55fa8e5c9288b08aa9d61167e76

The following retail TV Tuners are MCE compatible, with the appropriate drivers:
• Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250
• Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250MCE (FM capable)
• Hauppauge WinTV PVR 350
• Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150MCE
• Hauppauge WinTV PVR 500MCE (Dual Tuners)
• Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB 2.0
• ATI eHome Wonder
• ATI eHome Wonder FM
• ATI All-In-Wonder 9xxx line (Software Encoder required, probably doesn't work with Dual Tuners)
• AverMedia M150 (FM capable)
• AverMedia PVR M179 (No longer in production)
• ASUS PVR-1416(?) Forget the exact model, came with HPs, some sold via CompGeeks
• Nvidia NVTV

Media Center Edition 2005 also supports HDTV via broadcast (OTA) and unencrypted QAM. This is accomplished via BDA (Broadcasting Driver Architecture) compatible drivers. As of this writing, the following tuner cards are confirmed compatible with MCE2k5:
• Vbox DTA 151
• DVICO Fusion-HDTV3-T
• ATI HDTV Wonder

Will that remote work with the NEW media Center 2005???Can anyone confirm this...

eh......what does it give you that xp plus a few apps cant? Just wondering

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 Experience
Best Windows for the Desktop
Published: October 12, 2004
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 20051 boosts your entertainment, productivity, and desktop creativity for a premium computing experience.

Powerful new enhancements include:

• Desktop facelift: Newly polished menus and taskbars, fresh themes, and new screensavers—such as the new Goldfish Aquarium—let you personalize your desktop profile.

• Upgraded Windows Media Player 10: Enjoy music and video on your desktop with the first Smart Jukebox, and shop for online music and entertainment in the first Digital Media Mall. Then automatically sync it all to a broad range of devices.

• Windows Movie Maker 2.1 with new DVD burning: Easily capture, personalize, and share home movies—with more than 100 effects and transitions—using optional manufacturer's DVD–burning support for Movie Maker.2

• New built-in DVD and CD burning: Share pictures and home movies, burn custom CD mixes, save recorded TV shows, and more with easy-to-use, built-in DVD burning in Media Center Edition.2

• Enhanced Windows digital media tools and utilities: Create CD and DVD labels, compress and convert audio files, and have more fun with Dancer and Party Mode features new to Windows Media Center.

• Improved gaming experience: Make gaming more exciting by maximizing your computer's video, sounds, graphics, and 3-D animation performance with new support for DirectX 9 hardware.

• Better security: Get all the benefits of Windows XP Home and Service Pack 2, including a massive range of software, hardware, and services designed to work together more securely.

The new Windows Media Center lets you personalize your desktop, accomplish more, and surf the coolest new wave in entertainment. It also turns your family room into a multimedia entertainment and productivity center.

1 Note: To enjoy all the benefits of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, Internet access is recommended; for some features, such as Electronic Programming Guide, Movie Finder, and Online Spotlight, it is required.
2 DVD Burning and TV Tuning features may vary by manufacturer

(one of the coolest parts, no mod chip)

Any TV or Microsoft Xbox video game system in your home can be a full-fledged entertainment center, with Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

Connect with a wide range of devices, such as the following, that extend your entertainment into any room:

• Media Center Extenders: Enjoy live and recorded TV, music, photos, games, and more on any TV set in the home, even while you're using your computer.

• Xbox: Turn any Xbox into a Media Center Extender with an affordable and easy-to-use kit that includes a remote control.

Have fun with your media files either on or off the couch—from the family room, to the kitchen, or even away from home—with the familiar Media Center Edition experience.

Optimized home theater: Connect your Media Center computer to a standard TV, projector, or widescreen HDTV2, such as a plasma or projection TV, and enjoy support for high-definition playback and up to 7.1-channel surround sound. Optimize your displays with enhanced widescreen support, which lets you toggle among normal, zoom, and stretch video modes.

• Remote control: Easily control your Windows XP Media Center Edition computer from anywhere in the room with an optional one-touch remote control. You can even set up by remote control.

• Instant Messaging and Caller ID: See who's phoning with Caller ID3, and chat with friends with Instant Messaging and a wireless keyboard without budging from your cushion.

No longer chained to your desk, you can use your digital capabilities in comfort with Media Center Edition. Simply start a movie, get comfortable, and enjoy. Better still, it enables you to access all your media in any room—or even away from home.

1 To enjoy all the benefits of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, Internet access is recommended; for some features, such as Electronic Programming Guide, Movie Finder, and Online Spotlight, it is required.
2 Supports up to Two (2) Analog, One (1) DTV/HDTV Tuner for local channels via over-the-air signal, US only. All other supported regions can support up to Two (2) tuners per computer.
3 Works with Caller ID–capable modem and subscription to a Caller ID service from your phone company.

LiquidX said:
Can this be used in a regular fashion for gaming like XP?

No it will not, you will have to dual boot with Windows Millenium for stability( aaahhhhh)

Just kidding, It's windows XP with some added ability

ive been reading and the added ability is pretty processor intensive. Although i suppose it only matters when you actually try to utilize its special media capabilities. I wouldnt be surprised if there are some extra processes tied in with running stability that eat up resources. Anything you can do with media edition you can do with home or pro with the right software downloads. And at least those you can remove or shutdown without worries.

darktiger said:
Will that remote work with the NEW media Center 2005???Can anyone confirm this...

Yep, works fine. I'm using the MSDN version of MCE and I have that remote. Works just fine.

uvi said:
ive been reading and the added ability is pretty processor intensive. Although i suppose it only matters when you actually try to utilize its special media capabilities. I wouldnt be surprised if there are some extra processes tied in with running stability that eat up resources. Anything you can do with media edition you can do with home or pro with the right software downloads. And at least those you can remove or shutdown without worries.

There are at least 3 processes installed that include the scheduler, recorder, and one other that I can't think of off the top of my head. You want at least 512 mb ram but the higher the better. I'm running it on a 1.7ghz processor with 1gb of ram and it still freezes here and there.

El Nacho said:
eh......what does it give you that xp plus a few apps cant? Just wondering

It's a Windows Tivo. What does it give you? Well for one, it was designed by MS so that means it'll work better with MS than other third party apps. Second, the interface is friendly enough that my wife can program it to record all of those God Awful reality shows and she doesn't have to bother me anymore to do it.

Additionally, there are plugins that have been written that allow for extra functionality, including a weather plugin, radio feature, Mame plugin, and some others.

My biggest complaint, is the current hardware limitations, although they're getting better and the number of TV cards and Video Cards being supported is expanding.

If you want some good info re:MCE check out http://www.thegreenbutton.com

Back