Microsoft's newest viral campaign revealed

"Microsoft Form. Razer Function."

Huh? To me it just looks like a Copperhead with a Microsoft logo. Guess I'll have to feel it for myself.

is there side buttons? I cant tell with the blue stuff glowing.

edit: nevermind, the blue stuff are the buttons, two rubber coated buttons on the side.

left, right, 2 on the midddle, scroll button, 2 buttons on each side = 7 buttons total.

Looks like they never dropped using that cheap plastic that feels like it belongs on the front panel of a 1997 compaq computer. :(

Hyperblau said:
to me it looks like the microsoft intellimouse, with a glow.

Funny you should mention that lol, MS is also bringing back the intellimouse explorer 3.0 according to what I just read over at the shacknews. I'm going to be getting an MX1000 myself but damn did I like that intellimouse explorer back in the day (silver-grayish one that I had) served me well for years no probs.

Eihli said:
Go look on www.newegg.com Microsoft peripheals are ridiculously overpriced with many of the MS mouses in the $100-200 range. Only complete idiots will pay $100+ for a mouse (cheap microcrap no less) when everybody knows Logitech has the best products in this market, and none of them are aimed at ripping off the ignorant.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0065+50001149&Submit=ENE&Nty=1&Subcategory=65

There are three over 100 and 33 under 50. The over 100 are multipacks...not single mice. As for the rest...taht would be your opinion......but many of the MS peripherals are very highly regarded.

Eihli said:
Go look on www.newegg.com Microsoft peripheals are ridiculously overpriced with many of the MS mouses in the $100-200 range. Only complete idiots will pay $100+ for a mouse (cheap microcrap no less) when everybody knows Logitech has the best products in this market, and none of them are aimed at ripping off the ignorant.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0065+50001149&Submit=ENE&Nty=1&Subcategory=65

Hmmm... well from what I can see actually those are the bulk OEM package deals, like the top one you get five of them for that $149.99. Actually, they all look like bulk packs to me cause if not that's one hell of an expensive mouse lol.

Yeah, I guess that's an obvious mistake on my part. Newegg makes product descriptions less than obvious occasionally.

matcauth said:
Hmmm... well from what I can see actually those are the bulk OEM package deals, like the top one you get five of them for that $149.99. Actually, they all look like bulk packs to me cause if not that's one hell of an expensive mouse lol.

Like I said above...that is exactly what they are...multipacks.

Eihli said:
Yeah, I guess that's an obvious mistake on my part. Newegg makes product descriptions less than obvious occasionally.

:confused:
Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 B75-00094 Silver 5 Buttons Tilt Wheel USB Optical Mouse 5-Pack - OEM

Yeah cause we all know the 5 pack OEM description is bolded while the rest of the title is not... /sarcasm

It's at the very end of the product description with absolutely no difference in text quality and the rest of the product description. Also, once you click on the product itself the only place that describes it as being a multipack is the title.

Alot of products such as motherboards have a bunch of random letters so I've trained myself to only read the first, and hopefully most relevant parts of a product description. Putting it at the very end doesn't help, and I'm not the only person to make the mistake. Quite a few reviews question the validity of the prices.

I have always liked Microsoft mice (and keyboards for that matter).

Right now I have a Microsoft Optical Mouse Blue, which I picked up 4 years ago or so for $20 new. It looks a lot like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826105128 except for mine is USB, not PS/2.

Overally I have no complaints about it, it tracks well on screen, works on any surface I have tried it on, and has never developed the 'loose cord going into the mouse causing it to stop responding' problem every previous mouse that I had owned previously had.

I had a cheapie Logitech black optical mouse at school, but it always felt a bit small in my hands, I like big beefy mice with a nice hump.

Eihli said:
Yeah cause we all know the 5 pack OEM description is bolded while the rest of the title is not... /sarcasm

It's at the very end of the product description with absolutely no difference in text quality and the rest of the product description. Also, once you click on the product itself the only place that describes it as being a multipack is the title.

Alot of products such as motherboards have a bunch of random letters so I've trained myself to only read the first, and hopefully most relevant parts of a product description. Putting it at the very end doesn't help, and I'm not the only person to make the mistake. Quite a few reviews question the validity of the prices.

You can't blame newegg for you not reading the entire description. :rolleyes:

Back on Topic:

Looks like a nice mouse, but I already have an MX1000 so I guess there's no point. I wish someone would make a G15 like keyboard that was "Natural" style.

Feh...I can make out a total of 4 reasonably sized buttons. Then they have the wheel (I'm sure it will click wonderfully) and those two tiny chumps right below the wheel. What would a gamer want with those? :confused:

I'm sure these will become available in Best Buys and Wal-Marts, and parents will buy them for their kids. However, gamers are going to sticks with Logitechs and true Razers. I think this might be a loss for Microsoft.

Im open to new things so I will be trying this out as soon as I can.

Right now im running an MX510 but im looking for something new. (Would rather just buy something new then replace the feet)

Im guessing those two buttons below the scroll wheel are to adjust the DPI.

On-board profile memory enables gamers to store up to five game control profiles on the mouse.
This seems interesting, but I dont really know if I would ever use it.

I wonder if they will be coming out with a keyboard. I love my saitek eclipse and havent been tempted by the new logitech, but it would be interesting to see what kind of ideas microsoft would come up with their big push for windows gaming.

If this Habu turns out to be a good product im sure Microsoft will have no problem taking gamers away from Logitech. I hope the scroll wheel clicks. If it doesnt I probably wont get it no matter how much better it is.

matcauth said:
Funny you should mention that lol, MS is also bringing back the intellimouse explorer 3.0 according to what I just read over at the shacknews. I'm going to be getting an MX1000 myself but damn did I like that intellimouse explorer back in the day (silver-grayish one that I had) served me well for years no probs.

If its the 3.0a then I am all over it. I do not see how people justify spending this ridiculous amount of money on a "gaming" mouse. But thats just IMO.

Eihli said:

I didn't have trouble with the description and it seems many others didn't either. Maybe your anti-Microsoft goggles are clouding your vision.

Was imediately about to launch into a massive attack on MS because it looked like they'd ripped off Razers mice and then actually read the text and saw the Razer logo.

It's obvious that MS has recognised that Razer are basically the best (and probably original) gamers mice and it makes good sense to release gaming mice which are associated (please read this last paragraph as simply my opinion)

I just hope that MS don't buy out Razer and turn their products into a load of rubbish because I've enjoyed using them ever since my 2000 DPI Boomslang.

Frosteh said:
I just hope that MS don't buy out Razer and turn their products into a load of rubbish because I've enjoyed using them ever since my 2000 DPI Boomslang.

Did they stop making the Boomslang? If so, why?

Its good that Microsoft and Razer are working togethor. Microsoft will be able to move more product then Razer ever could. They both will come out on top with this.

The neons make it better just like they turn civics into race cars! :p

JustinSane said:
Did they stop making the Boomslang? If so, why?

Dunno, the orginal was replaced with the teratech 2100 version I think, I've just moved on since optical and now laser technology has advanced to 2000 DPI

Back when the Boomslang was new, most optical mice were 400 DPI, 600 DPI at the very max, and the 2000 DPI boomslang despite being a ball mouse simply out performed these mice.

I've been using 2000 DPI ever since, which is why Im used to keeping my wrist still on my wrist pad and only actually moving the mouse about 2-3cm for a 360 degree turn in games

Eihli said:

I wouldn't recommend you ever shop at Ebay then. Everything stated in an auction is relevant. People aren't going to be very sympathetic there when you rant about "the words 'cardboard box ONLY' weren't in the first 20 letters" and you couldn't be bothered to read the entire auction. Paypal or your CC company might not exactly be entirely sympathetic either.

Veteran Ebayers know exactly what I am talking about here.

Back