Microsoft's order process for 64 bit vista

ereshkigal

Limp Gawd
Well I bought the retail Home Premium and went online to order the 64 bit version. Guess what cant. Call microsoft no clue whats going on after an hour and 30 mins on phone. So to all you that wanted to order the 64bit dvd of vista looks like we are waiting.

Well I bought the retail Home Premium and went online to order the 64 bit version. Guess what cant. Call microsoft no clue whats going on after an hour and 30 mins on phone. So to all you that wanted to order the 64bit cd of vista looks like we are waiting.

64-bit is DVD only, it's not available in CD format.

Sorry I ment dvd. As for microsoft still no answer on why we cant order the 64bit dvd.

if you buy retail, you get both versions. i am not sure about how oem works.

Only if you buy Ultimate. Home premium and every other version besides Ultimate comes only with the 32-bit disc, you have to order the 64-bit disc. And yes, it costs money.

I bought a copy today and went online to order, no dice. I called and was on the phone for a good half hour, they said they're aware the site doesn't work and to try it tomorrow.

i ordered my disc yesterday and the process was fine. $10 for anyone who is wondering. good thing i did the powertogether deal lol

YOU DONT GET BOTH VERSIONS UNLESS YOU BUY ULTIMATE! I checked all the boxes at Target, CompUSA today. ONLY ultimate comes with both versions!~

The cost for 32 bit or 64 bit is the same; they're no different.

The question is: how to get the 64 bit version if you purchase the 32 bit version since you're entitled to the 64 bit version according to all the information I've found - and many others have found the same things, as well.

I still haven't had anyone from Microsoft respond about the specific methodology involved in requesting the 64 bit version if you purchase the 32 bit. The line of thinking was that if you buy the 32 bit, you can request the 64 bit version be mailed to you for shipping & handling, but I can't get a proper response or contact to make the request.

I don't need it anyway, but I'm still trying to get the info for people.

If you buy the 32-bit (any retail version other than Ultimate) and you need 64-bit, you have to go online to windowsvista.com/1033/ordermedia and pay them $10 to ship you a 64-bit DVD for your product key. You can't just go out and buy retail 64-bit yet unless you buy Ultimate.

I bought Home Premium retail yesterday and ordered my 64-bit DVD today for $10.

The cost for 32 bit or 64 bit is the same; they're no different.

The question is: how to get the 64 bit version if you purchase the 32 bit version since you're entitled to the 64 bit version according to all the information I've found - and many others have found the same things, as well.

I still haven't had anyone from Microsoft respond about the specific methodology involved in requesting the 64 bit version if you purchase the 32 bit. The line of thinking was that if you buy the 32 bit, you can request the 64 bit version be mailed to you for shipping & handling, but I can't get a proper response or contact to make the request.

I don't need it anyway, but I'm still trying to get the info for people.

uh...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/1033/ordermedia/default.mspx

Back