Minecraft Xbox one out now

Yea I noticed this a few hours ago as well(ETA was tomorrow). So far so good although what I was really hoping they would add is hosted servers so my friends and I could jump into the same world no matter who is online.

It's insane how huge this game is, it's a sales juggernaut. It's always in the top 10, I gave it a shot but just couldn't get into it.

It's also out for PS4 iirc.

It's insane how huge this game is, it's a sales juggernaut. It's always in the top 10, I gave it a shot but just couldn't get into it.

It's also out for PS4 iirc.

This falls inline with other creativity required games like Little Big Planet. Its really fun to play for about 10-15 minutes then you realize you don't have any idea what the hell to do. But if you are more imaginable/creative you can easily express that in something like Minecraft.

Years ago when I played the PC version for about a week and on and off with mods since then I just can't get into it.

But Minecraft crosses that barrier between "game" and "tool".

I have Minecraft on the PC, but I'm debating getting it for the Xbox One. I've been doing more gaming on my consoles, as of late, and I think I'd play the game more if I had it on my Xbox, rather than my PC. I almost bought it for the 360, a while back, but when they talked about it coming to the One, and how it'd have larger worlds, I held off.

Is it simple enough game play (controls) that my 4 year old could enjoy it? He plays all the LEGO games right now. He watches Minecraft games on YoutTube for some reason, so he seems to be interested in it. Do you have to build everything, or can you just run around pre-made levels?

Is it simple enough game play (controls) that my 4 year old could enjoy it? He plays all the LEGO games right now. He watches Minecraft games on YoutTube for some reason, so he seems to be interested in it. Do you have to build everything, or can you just run around pre-made levels?

On the console it is pretty much build everything. You can find villages and temples and stuff.

It does have a creative mode where you don't have to find supplies, you can just select stuff from a list and built whatever you want. The 4 year old might like that.

is minecraft fun on consoles? i always saw it more of a computer thing since you can play with other people/ custom servers.

Seems like it could be fun with a party. I played for a few minutes with some friends. The XBOX party system works well. Seems like a good social game.

I decided to give this a try. I have to say it's a lot of fun on Xbox One (lols rhyming.) The performance is silky smooth, unlike on my PC where there's a bit of stutter/lag as new parts of the world are generated. I like that they have a texture pack system in place, because the default textures suck compared to some of the texture packs that have come out over the years.

I think they did a great job with the control interface, too. Pretty easy to whip through inventory and crafting screens once you get used to it. You can use the thumbsticks like a mouse cursor or the d-pad to select boxes. The only thing I don't like is the "double push" maneuver you have to do to sprint. Would rather have the d-pad control item selection and LB to sprint like most other games.

is minecraft fun on consoles? i always saw it more of a computer thing since you can play with other people/ custom servers.

Seems like it could be fun with a party. I played for a few minutes with some friends. The XBOX party system works well. Seems like a good social game.

Yea it is fun on the xbox one. Runs smooth and on the one it supports up to 8 players at once. Your biggest problem is that it doesn't have a hosted server option. This means someone pretty much has to host the game for everyone else so they have to be online. I was really hoping for something like minecraft realms on the xbox one. With any luck they will add it down the road.

While it is behind the pc version as far as updates go it is also easier to get someone into. It has a good tutorial in it and unlike the pc you don't need to know how to built everything. It has a built menu that tells you what supplies you need. I really prefer its interface.

MC on the PC is a ton of fun because people are creating "focused event" ideas. Whether it is a PVP arena, an RPG, etc..it is all happening, all the time.

Once MC is allowed to have "realm" type support for consoles as well as proper support of command blocks, you might start seeing some amazing things pop up. Make your own world..visit another, all things become possible. Zombo.com at its finest.

This falls inline with other creativity required games like Little Big Planet. Its really fun to play for about 10-15 minutes then you realize you don't have any idea what the hell to do. But if you are more imaginable/creative you can easily express that in something like Minecraft.

Little big planet is nothing like Minecraft so I don't see how you can compare that. Yes you can create stuff but its not the basis of the game

If you want him to be into it, play it with him. Show him how to punch pigs and get the pork chops, help defend him when he's building something, etc.

My 5 year old daughter wanted to try it and her brothers didn't want to show her, and I've never played it either, so we jumped in and she really enjoyed it. I did most of the work (built a shelter and beds, fight zombies and skeletons), and she won't play it on her own, but if I asked her if she wanted to play with me, she'd drop everything to do so.

I ended up purchasing it. So far I'm pretty happy with it. It took a little while to get use to inventory management and crafting, compared to the playing it on the PC, but it's not bad at all. I also like how you can check out the other game packs (Halo, Skyrim, and Mass Effect), even if you haven't purchased them. Saving is just disabled. I never read anything about them, so I was surprised to see that they not only had music from in those games, but the worlds were built to look like that of the games, including structures, vehicles, etc. I just figured the blocks had different textures but the world was still generated randomly like a regular game of Minecraft.

Back