Minh "Gooseman" Le

sugii

Limp Gawd
I, for one, thank this man for one of the most important computer games (IMHO) ever created. Without him many people would agree that Half-Life wouldn't have lasted as long or been as successful as it has been. Now where the hell is he?!

This man created counter-strike! Along with someone named Jess Cliff who did those original radio sounds.

Oh, your original post had nothing to do with CS at all.. Any reason for the randomness?

Uh... I never heard of him before and what part did he take in HL1? :confused:

He and Jess Cliffe created Counter-Strike. I got my first computer in 2000 and was browsing the shelves at Best Buy when I spotted CS, I figured yeah it looked pretty cool, never heard of it or anything, man was that a horrible game to be the first one I get, 8 years and counting wasted on that game lol.

Sorry about that, I should have mentioned it.

I am the kind of person that likes to give credit where credit is due. And after a recent argument with someone about the creation of CS, I wondered how many people knew that CS wasn't created by valve.

But most of all I wonder if he is working on something new.

OH, he also worked on Action Quake2 if anyone remembers that gem.

He and Jess Cliffe created Counter-Strike. I got my first computer in 2000 and was browsing the shelves at Best Buy when I spotted CS, I figured yeah it looked pretty cool, never heard of it or anything, man was that a horrible game to be the first one I get, 8 years and counting wasted on that game lol.

Hehe definitely a bad first game. CS is my number one addiction. Other games even games like WoW come and go but I always go back to cs 1.6.

Diablo 2 was another one, I'll probably never have a computer without those 2 games on the hard drive because I'm always going back to them at some point.

yeah, I remember when CS was a mod for half-life. I thought everyone knew that though....

oh man, you sound like me... those are the games i always go back to... D2 and CS 1.6

I, for one, thank this man for one of the most important computer games (IMHO) ever created. Without him many people would agree that Half-Life wouldn't have lasted as long or been as successful as it has been. Now where the hell is he?!

I don't know where he is, but Valve should hire him and make CS 2

I remember playing CS back in the beta days. I think I started during beta 4, because I remember beta 5 coming out, and that new auto shotty was pretty cool.

Playing that on a 56k connection... I think my ping was like 210 or somewhere in there. Good times :p

Oh yea... the whole LPB vs HPB stuff, damn dudes on cable with AWPs!

I thought Valve hired all of the CS guys quite awhile ago to make the retail Counter-Strike.

Back