Mini Softmod for 9700np?

Dark_Seph

Weaksauce
Does any one know of a registry mod or file mod that would allow one to overclock their 9700np without Flashing the bios or installing Omega's Drivers.
Thank you in advance.

Don't those programs require that your card is unlocked, or do they unlock it for you. Im looking for some thing just to unlock it, like a patch of some sorts.

hmm, has anyone else had experience with the 9700np (I had the pro, and it OCed pretty well, no bios patch)

Well I have a 9700np sapphire, and I use omegas drivers and I can overclock w/o flash bios. I never have flashed its bios, I was just curious if their is a mini mod version of it so I dont have to use omegas :eek:

I have a Powercolor 9700 np , and no you do not need to flash it to overclock it.

When they first came out you did have to "flash" the bios to unlock it, now almost every overclocking program automatically unlocks it for you. I use powerstrip for oc'ing mine and I have been able to get it stable at 335/270 :rolleyes: (Crap Infineon memory can't even be moved up 1 mhz).

I'd be curious to know what you are able to get out of yours, good luck! ;)

I am using the standard Catalyst drivers, I've never tried the Omega Drivers. :confused:

Soldur said:
I have a Powercolor 9700 np , and no you do not need to flash it to overclock it.

When they first came out you did have to "flash" the bios to unlock it, now almost every overclocking program automatically unlocks it for you. I use powerstrip for oc'ing mine and I have been able to get it stable at 335/270 :rolleyes: (Crap Infineon memory can't even be moved up 1 mhz).

I'd be curious to know what you are able to get out of yours, good luck! ;)

I will try power strip, I have never tried it.
As for overclocking, I have 3.3 Infieon on my Sapphire 9700np, I can oc to 330/310 stable.

i had to flash mine to oc it.. i think i put a pro bios on it too. i cannot remember.

My first Sapphire 9700NP (black PCB, Samsung 3.6ns chips, it was a badass overclocker) needed a BIOS flash to be able to move up from the stock 275/270 clocks. It was easy enough to flash it (I gave it a 9700 Pro BIOS), and I ran it at 325/310 for a long time. Then the fan failed on it, so I RMA'd it to Sapphire.

That was a mistake. Besides taking eleven weeks for it to get back to me, this new card had Hynix 3.6ns chips, which were considered middle-of-the-road in terms of overclocking. This card was different, because I did not need to flash the BIOS before being able to overclock it, which was strange. Perhaps this was an RMA'd card too, where the previous owner put a 9700 Pro BIOS on it, as I did on my previous card. The memory held me back (310Mhz, again), but the core was badass, giving me 370MHz at the least (with a VGA Silencer)... I was scared to clock it higher.

Basically, just try some software programs... my particular card was unlocked, yours may be too. Hope that helps.

Jason711 said:
dont be skerd! ;)
lol, yes, but I was judging my overclockability by the heat of the aluminum in the VGA Silencer. At 370MHz, things started to get a bit warm. Right now, I don't really need all the horsepower, so I run at 325/310, and things stay cool.

_Korruption_ said:
lol, yes, but I was judging my overclockability by the heat of the aluminum in the VGA Silencer. At 370MHz, things started to get a bit warm. Right now, I don't really need all the horsepower, so I run at 325/310, and things stay cool.

ATi Tool will let you run your OC'd settings only when it detects 3d mode. and switches back to your stock settings when you are in 2d.

I think my powercolor 9500np was locked and had to flash the bios to o/c. 3.6ns hynix memory maxed out 276mhz but after the [h]mod n 9800np bios flash, it could o/c higher 285mhz, n 9800np bios increased the performance without o/c over 9500np/9700 bios.
http://softmod.ocfaq.com/bios.php

Does anyone else have the crap Infineon 4.0ns memory on their 9700np card? If so, are you able to run it at > 270mhz?

Soldur said:
Does anyone else have the crap Infineon 4.0ns memory on their 9700np card? If so, are you able to run it at > 270mhz?
4.0ns memory is theoretically rated to do 250Mhz, so just running at 270MHz is a bit of an overclock right there. What brand would put 4ns memory on their 9700NP?

Back