miniG5ized

Fanatik said:
Yup I am. :D Sorry guys been too busy this last month. Sorry but I can't tell you when my next update will be. Right now I'm trying to get a hold of a sandblaster to redo the frosting on the panels. That spray paint isn't very permanent. It scratches off real easy and I don't like it.

Hmm... have you tried spraying over it with a clear sealant? That might keep it from scratching so easily.

Hehehee... funny you are talking about this, I was just looking at the Badger Sandblaster kit today!

Where and how much was yours? Would like to compare against what I saw retail price.

Keep up your excellent work! Cant wait to see the next update!
(ZAAAAAAAAP!!!!)

;)

Logan321 said:
Hmm... have you tried spraying over it with a clear sealant? That might keep it from scratching so easily.
I thought about it but at that point it would be just easier to buy a sanblaster. I already have an air compressor. I got the sanblasting kit off ebay for 31 shipped. Tech, mine didn't come with the propel air though. That's why it was a little cheaper. I didn't need it since I have an air compressor. I've always wanted to try out that kit. I even posted a link on austinmodders.com about the idea but the link I posted cost 52 before shipping. I'll let you know how it works for frosting. Hopefully the forums will be back to post the results.

Heheeh... getting ready to make an order for that and a few other things tonight!
;)

That was where I got my compressor and airbrush from. Love that company!
:D

Hey, what do you know its an update. :eek: :D

Sorry for the lack of updates. I got tired of working on this project and took a break. Here is a minor thing I did today but changed the look of the pc. I decided to go with a different spray paint for the frost than what I initially had. I went ahead and bought real frost spray paint. I also got it in pearl grey and white. I repainted the front and back pieces in pearl grey. The color matches the color of the case better and has this metal flake look. It also helps in making the front look cleaner by hiding the wires better when the pc is off. I`m still not sure how the front will look when its lit up. I`m crossing my fingers its not too dark.

Here is the spray paint i used. I dont know if you can tell but the bottom half of the plexi is pearl grey and the top is white. I was just testing it out to see how it would look.
IMG_1739.jpg

Here are the pics of the front done. Hopefully tomorrow I can take some pics with the leds on.
IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

Also the mobo tray got a spray of the white frost.
IMG_1756.jpg

Here are pics of it lit up. Its not as bright as it once was but it looks cleaner. I like it much better.

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

and then my mobo tray.
IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

First I would like to thank Sheldog23 for hooking me up with some brushed aluminum vinyl. This was way faster and easier than trying to sand and get that brushed look on the psu.

Here are the pics. First the sheet of vinyl.
IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

finished the top piece
IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

All put together. I really like how this looks. Unless you look very closely you wont be able to tell the difference. Thanx again sheldon for the vinyl.
IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

Wow, that looks great! I can't believe you got it so smooth and buble free, that's kinda hard to do. Glad I could help a fellow Austin Modder out. Great work this weekend on the server BTW.

...and before anyone asks. You can get that vinyl at any local sign shop. :D

Back