Minimizing problem

Mojo

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a weird problem with my computer (specs in sig).

Sometimes when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Source, I need to minimize to manage my downloads, respond to an instant message or something. So I push ctrl+esc and minimize CS:S. Then when I go to maximize my Limewire window, my computer crashes. It automatically reboots. This shouldn't be happening.

I have two theories as to why it's happening:
1. Not enough power. My 350w Enermax can't provide enough energy and the computer fails to open a new program, which *maybe?* requires more current dedication to the ram or cpu?
2. A part is overheating, like the CPU demanding a system reboot.

Can anyone clarify one of those reasons, or suggest a different one which they think is the case? I have just ran Adaware, Spybot, HijackThis and Norton, so I am virus and spyware free. I'm running Omega 66.93 drivers, and the rest of my chipset/motherboard drivers are all up to date.

Could you post your system specs? It could be the PSU, but probably not if your system is..*cough*..'low-end'.

Yep, could definitely be the PSU. I'd suggest a Sparkle or Fortron psu, they're good and cheap. If you want to eliminate PSU as a possible problem for years to come, though, get a PC Power and Cooling supply: $200, but really worth it.

Also, is it only Limewire, or does it happen with other things? How about other games? Limewire may not be playing nice with CS:S.

I really don't think it is the CPU. He has a name brand PSU with a lot of amps on the 12v rail.

I, too have always had source lock the system up when minimizing/alt tabbing.
My guess is that some games handle it better than others.

Back