mirror for vista here

no problems!

btw dont forget when u click "INTEL" it gives u 32-bit, and when u click "AMD" it gives the 64-bit version.

enjoy.

I'm curious why they listed two seperate versions for Intel and AMD. It seems the AMD link leads to the 64bit version. Does this mean that the Intel 64-bit chips are not supported in vista, or is that just an error with Softpedia? I'm thinking the latter.

Aevron said:
I'm curious why they listed two seperate versions for Intel and AMD. It seems the AMD link leads to the 64bit version. Does this mean that the Intel 64-bit chips are not supported in vista, or is that just an error with Softpedia? I'm thinking the latter.

INTEL = 32-bit Vista (works on intel and amd chips, the one im currently getting)
AMD = 64-bit Vista (again works on intel 64-bit and amd 64-bit chips)

Aevron said:
That's just softpedia's label. Windows x64 and Vista x64 run on EM64T (Intel) and AMD64 (AMD) CPUs.

Currently steady at around 640 kb/s.

Just a question, but will the vista disk atoumatically partition a space on my disk for installation, or will I have to do it manually (and if so, is Partition Magic the program to use)?

im running Vista now.....i wiped my HDD and am running a clean install of Vista beta 2 ....so far its pretty meh... more soon

So I finished downloading it and it gave me two files.

One is an ISO file that is 5.4MB.

The other is a .iso.part file that is 4.1GB.

When I try and burn an iso through Nero it says, "The entered block size does not correspond to the image length. The block size may be wrong. Do you want to correct the value or ignore the problem?"

Anyone know what's happening?

gay, the d/l pooped out for some reason. Now that i am redownloading it i am getting 35Kbps rather than 1000+. Dang leechers attacking like flies on sh|t!

guys its pretty shit if ure gonna use it as ur primary like i am at the moment....im reverting back to XP pro 2morro....

its way too buggy and slow (there is already 54 processess running and i installed it 30 mins ago)

just a heads up

arman01 said:
guys its pretty shit if ure gonna use it as ur primary like i am at the moment....im reverting back to XP pro 2morro....

its way too buggy and slow (there is already 54 processess running and i installed it 30 mins ago)

just a heads up
It is a beta, I wouldnt expect it to be that awesome.

imonthemotherfucker.jpg

lol, all these mirrors are clogged! I'll have to wait longer...

If the microsoft one didnt suck, then i could have had it done by yesturday, but it kept on stoping...

arman01 said:
Hey guys, im getting the feeling that heaps of people cant download vista from microsoft cuz their servers are packed...

ive got a list of mirrors from softpedia.com , heres the link

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Windows-Vista-Download-42021.html

im currently downloading at 850kb/s

:D
thanks alot for this link! it's actually downloadng fast at last!

i noticed the the actual link if from MS though..strange...

Hey guys, I'm curious. When you say Kbps, do you really mean Kbps or KBps? Cause 800+ KBps would be crazy fast for what I'm used to using. I'm downloading at around 100-150 KBps right now (aka 800-1200 kbps) from Microsoft.

EDIT: I think I'm downloading at max speed anyway since the DSL is advertised as 1.5 Mbps (theoretical maximum), which translates to about 187 KBps. Factoring my distance from the central hub, resistence from the wiring, etc, ~150 KBps sounds about right.

^^^^^^^ Yes, 800 KB/s (not kb/s) ;)
arman01 said:

just a heads up

make sure you install nvidia drivers even if your card was detected... that sped mine up
still , you're right about the startup processes
my raptor was thrashing around for half an hour after install and I was just sitting there looking at the pretty backgrounds
it seems to have calmed now, though

It was probably indexing my whole drive for that damn file search thigamajig i never use..

Yoshiyuki Blade said:
Hey guys, I'm curious. When you say Kbps, do you really mean Kbps or KBps? Cause 800+ KBps would be crazy fast for what I'm used to using. I'm downloading at around 100-150 KBps right now (aka 800-1200 kbps) from Microsoft.

Yeam most people don't differentiate between KB/s and kb/s....I am getting mine at 450-480 KB/sec.....which is pretty damn good (4mb cable).

So uhm... is there a place to download this? The MS links are completely hosed, as far as I can tell.

Back