Missed this article on AMD studios awhile back

tybert7

2[H]4U
This came out a couple months ago and I just stumbled upon it. Found it really interesting and people here might find it an interesting read.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-studios-creates-custom-production-pipelines/

It goes into a bit more detail about what amd is trying to accomplish with the outreach to hollywood.

I'm not sure if amd is lending different studios access to their epyc render servers with ryzen and vega clustered together, but it sounds like they are trying to lower the cost for visual effects in television and movies. As someone who likes seeing sci fi shows and fantasy, I think this is a great thing long term as it has the potential to expand what can be produced on a shoestring budget, or make modest budget sci fi shows look more like big budget hollywood movies. I hope that is where we are headed.

make modest budget sci fi shows look more like big budget hollywood movies

I like that part.

Hollywood might not be the best place, independent film makers throughout the world would see this very enticing. Sucking up to the elites may prove futile. AMD/RTG may be able to establish a good niche here for a period of time.

Not to mention Netflix, Amazon, HBO and YouTube future possibilities and independent video/film producers of the world.

Back