mitsubishi 930sb + 9800pro = can't get high refresh rates. argh!

doh-nut

Supreme [H]ardness
my uncles computer is strange. he has a 9800pro(128bit bus) 128mb with a 930sb, no matter what refreshrate program i use, be it refreshforce, rivatuner, or ati refresh tool .0997 the following are true:

-in call of duty(opengl) all hz are 60.
-in direct3d games the max hz is 85hz for all resolutions.

i just don't understand why drivers can't come out with this built in, meanwhile im fishing around for any obscure refresh rate program i can find to try and make this run like its supposed to. anyone ever wonder about that? why are we the end users forced to fish for extra programs to get our video cards and monitors functioning correctly?

-monitor driver is installed
-catalyst 8.07 beta installed.

any help would be helpful

i dont know if it's the driver problem or what? i recently upgraded from GF3 ti200 to 9800PRO, my desktop refresh rate are fixed at 75Hz, all 3D games runs at 75Hz too. something is strange about the driver, the monitor refresh rate on the display properties panel shows 85Hz, but the actual refresh rate is really 75Hz (my monitor can show refresh rate through it's OSD, so i know).

i tried various drivers, including Cat4.9 and Omega's, all give me 75Hz in desktop and games. my ti200 used to give me 85Hz in both desktop and games.

I think your COD problems are with the game, not the drivers.

From what I can find online: if you press the "command" key when launching up Call of Duty and you should see a screen that let's you select the refresh rate.

==>Lazn

well i tried the 4.9's and no problems after running refreshforce :/

it was on my agenda of things to try, but i put it off because the 8.07 driver has worked very well in my system and other people i know too, didn't think it was the problem. but it was..

still though i think ATI's drivers should come with a built in refreshforce type thing.

I have the NEC equivalent of the 930SB (NEC and Mitsubishi merged their display divisions a few years back). I have never had this problem with my 9800 Pro, 9800 XT, Geforce 6800 GT, or X800 XT. I was wondering if you had downloaded the *.inf files from http://www.necmitsubishi.com/ for this monitor. If not, I'd start there. Unfortunately, the drivers for the monitor are NOT included on purchase - don't know why. Once you install those, RefreshForce or Powerstrip should work better/correctly. Without those drivers, you may be running a Plug and Play monitor, which would prevent you from getting above 85 in most cases. You can verify this through Device Manager. If you already do or did grab the required drivers, then you may have to go through the Control Panel to see resolutions/refresh rates the driver is supporting. Good luck.

Back