mkv premiere pro? mkv => dv avi?

modulus

Limp Gawd
It would be great to be able to edit mkv files in premiere pro and i ran across the moyea plugin that is supposed to let you do that but I am running cs5 and apparently it doesn't work for cs5 and isn't supported for that. Any way to edit mkv files in premiere pro?

If the answer is no, or no good way, then what are the best options for encoding my video files to dv avi (i think this is what premiere pro likes the best) from mkv?

btw the goal for getting things to dv avi is minimal to 0 compression. file size not an issue

Use uncompressed if you want no compression. :p "Super" is also a good free converter which works with practically all knows audio and video formats. Also, more info from Wikipedia:

"Software support

A range of software has native Matroska support. Those include media players such as Zoom Player, MPlayer, VLC, KMPlayer, ALLPlayer, Elmedia Player, foobar2000 and PowerDVD and media centers such as Plex, Boxee, PS3 Media Server and XBMC, and the web browser Google Chrome. A number of software tools such as HandBrake and Pinnacle Studio also support Matroska."

It would be great to be able to edit mkv files in premiere pro and i ran across the moyea plugin that is supposed to let you do that but I am running cs5 and apparently it doesn't work for cs5 and isn't supported for that. Any way to edit mkv files in premiere pro?

If the answer is no, or no good way, then what are the best options for encoding my video files to dv avi (i think this is what premiere pro likes the best) from mkv?

Why don't u just put the files in a container cs5 supports.

Back