MMO for busy people?

x_MaGiuS_x

Gawd
I used to play WoW and loved it, until that is everyone in my guild left me in the dust equipment and level wise. My problem is that I just don't have the time to play MMOs like some people do.

I can realistically spend 5-10 hours a week playing an MMO. Are there any games out there suited to a VERY casual player like me? Medieval setting preferred. Warhammer Online looks awesome but I'm sure is the same as WoW as far as demands on your time go.

Guild wars

Doesnt take long to hit 20 at all, and gear wise - theyve kept the old shit the same damage as all the new stuff

i still have the best gear i can get, and i havnt played the game in 2 years

the only demands on your time WoW puts on you are those you put there yourself.

I play wow maybe 6-8 hours a week, little more if i log on during the weekend. Instance runs with guild mates, pvp in wintergrasp, daily quests

Warhammer is a great casual MMO, IMO. I get on for a couple hours every few days and still make progress on my toons. Get on, do a few quests and join a few scenarios, great for hardcore and casual players.

KILL IT WITH FIRE mhrMmrhm *cougH*

Anyways, WAR is a pretty awesome casual game, and tbh, if you find the right guild, WoW can be lots of fun as well, even with limited playtimes.

Actually... KILL WoW with fire. It's so overrated. ;)

The reason I suggested RSC is because it's a very casual MMO, and all the mods are cool. It's the kind of MMO where you can easily close the window.

Actually... KILL WoW with fire. It's so overrated. ;)

The reason I suggested RSC is because it's a very casual MMO, and all the mods are cool. It's the kind of MMO where you can easily close the window.

Yeah most MMO's that suck i close the window pretty quick ;)

Also let me add one thing. I finally have a decent gaming rig so I'd look something visually impressive

Also let me add one thing. I finally have a decent gaming rig so I'd look something visually impressive

Try lord of the rings online. If you have a big lots near you you can probably get it for $4-$6, use the free month to see if its something that would keep you entertained.

Guild Wars, I cant stress this enough if true casual play is what your after.

WoW is a good game even for casual players, just make sure you play with friends whenever you're on or it'll blow chunks.

Try LOTRO man. It is casual friendly and there are many who play it casually. There is no open world PVP, but there is PVMP. If you like PVE, you would definitely like it.

I found Tabula Rasa busy friendly when I played it. Not the setting you asked for but gives you more options. And its free because it closes in a month. :p

Guild Wars looks intriguing but there are already 3 expansions to the original game. I feel like I'll be really behind just starting now.

I'll guess I'll just go out looking for trials for any of the MMOs suggested. I know I've seen them but of course I wasn't interested at the time.

Just get the prophecies campaign, screw the other ones.

Yeah the campaigns got progressively worse, and added a lot of worthless title grind. For me, GW peaked with Sorrow's Furnace. The only reason to grab the others is for the extra heroes.

But GW is definitely ideal for casual play, especially with heroes/henchies for when you can't be arsed with grouping.

All MMOs you can play for only short periods of time when it comes down to it.

WAR specifically has a very good party list feature where you can bring up a list of all the open parties and warbands in your area, it lists what they're doing and how far away they are from you, so if you want to have some fun doing some OpenRvR for example just look for a squad listed as RvR, click join, check your map and run over to them.

This saves a massive amount of time when looking for groups, you know all the open ones around you, its 1 click to join, no messing about, straight into the fun.

All the different types of content in WAR is accessable from level 1, except for dungeons, so you dont need to grind for weeks to play some scenarios or some OpenRvR, you can dive straight in and have that the first thing you ever do if you wish, and you'll get stat boosts to help you if you're low level, theres no such thing as twinks in WAR Scenarios, so they're pretty damn fun.

I ended up picking up Lord of the Rings Online today. It looks promising, and I'm a fairly big Tolkien fan so I chose it over Warhammer, WoW (yet again) and Guild Wars

I finally made it to bed last night 5 hours after my previous post. Lords of the Rings Online might be too fun.

the only demands on your time WoW puts on you are those you put there yourself.

I play wow maybe 6-8 hours a week, little more if i log on during the weekend. Instance runs with guild mates, pvp in wintergrasp, daily quests

This statement is BS. (Unless you bought your character)
There is no way you played 6-8 hrs week. (Maybe recently, now that your 80)
The expansion hit mid-November, and you said your PVP'ing in Wintergrasp (which means your level 80)
The expansion hasn't been out long enough yet for someone to play 6-8 week, and be level 80. :rolleyes:
OP is looking for something casual, not playing 24/7 for a couple weeks to get 80 then slacking back down to 6-8 hrs week. Missing the point here.
All MMO's can be played casually once you hit the level caps, since you can do anything in game you want to do by then.

I finally made it to bed last night 5 hours after my previous post. Lords of the Rings Online might be too fun.

lol, it is. Some people are still turned away by it due to just an okay beta and think it is a WOW clone.

They have worked their arses off to take the game to a new level. If you are into questing at all, this game will work really well.

As you play more, you will see that there are many of those who are casual as well. Many quests could be done solo, only epic quests require groups. Later on in the game, specially in Moria, there are many good instances to do. Fortunately, they do not take 10 hours, you can get most of them done within an hour.

This statement is BS. (Unless you bought your character)
There is no way you played 6-8 hrs week. (Maybe recently, now that your 80)
The expansion hit mid-November, and you said your PVP'ing in Wintergrasp (which means your level 80)
The expansion hasn't been out long enough yet for someone to play 6-8 week, and be level 80. :rolleyes:
OP is looking for something casual, not playing 24/7 for a couple weeks to get 80 then slacking back down to 6-8 hrs week. Missing the point here.
All MMO's can be played casually once you hit the level caps, since you can do anything in game you want to do by then.

No, its not BS. People made 80 in ONE WEEK.

I played for months in the beta, leveled three different characters to 80, knew where all of the quests were etc when it was released.

WOTLK has been out 2 months this coming Tuesday, gaining 10 levels in 60 days isn't that big of a deal. Why is it so hard for people ton understand not everyone that plays WoW spends every waking hour doing it

i was being a dick, i dont care how much you did, or what you consider casual.

for me 6 hours a day or more can be casual to me, it just depends on how much time i want to spend to myself.

i was being a dick, i dont care how much you did, or what you consider casual.

for me 6 hours a day or more can be casual to me, it just depends on how much time i want to spend to myself.

ahh ok, there needs to be an "I'm just being a dick" smiley face :D

No, its not BS. People made 80 in ONE WEEK.

I played for months in the beta, leveled three different characters to 80, knew where all of the quests were etc when it was released.

WOTLK has been out 2 months this coming Tuesday, gaining 10 levels in 60 days isn't that big of a deal. Why is it so hard for people ton understand not everyone that plays WoW spends every waking hour doing it

Wow, I am sorry. I didnt realize you could play 8 hours in one week and be 80. I must be doing it wrong. :rolleyes:
You missed my point on this. It's okay. :D

Wow, I am sorry. I didnt realize you could play 8 hours in one week and be 80. I must be doing it wrong. :rolleyes:
You missed my point on this. It's okay. :D

and you missed my point, I'm saying if people can get to 80 in one week, how is it BS that I got from 70 to 80 in 2 months?

problem is 99% of people can't control how much time they put into WoW even though they think they can.

I'd suggest dungeon and dragons online. Cool people, good quests, and you can easily play by spending no more then hour a day :)

EVE. It has a HUGE learning curve- but once you learn how to play there is no such thing as "grinding" and nothing to force you to play or put in a ton of hours. The only reason to play is because you enjoy it.

EVE. It has a HUGE learning curve- but once you learn how to play there is no such thing as "grinding" and nothing to force you to play or put in a ton of hours. The only reason to play is because you enjoy it.

I'm with Yahtzee on this one I'm afraid.

Back