Moar D!

Kardonxt

2[H]4U
Thanks to NobleX13 and Dsee this rig should be coming online shortly :D. Is there a F@H linux for newbs guide around here? If some one could tell me what distro i should be using at least I might be able to figure it out lol.

IMAG0483.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

IMAG0484.jpg

IMAG0486.jpg

Umm... looks like your G34 rig is going to fall off the desk!!!! Excellent work! Its always nice to see some big 'D coming online!

she's a beauty. looks like a workstation rig? Or does it just happen to be sitting on a work desk?

I am so glad that made it intact. Thank you FedEx! :) Let me know how she runs with good memory; that's something I never did get to see in person... :(

I like it!

Use the Ubuntu guide linked above. Any version is fine, and I would recommend Desktop if you are not that familiar with Linux. If you get stuck, please ask.

Umm... looks like your G34 rig is going to fall off the desk!!!! Excellent work! Its always nice to see some big 'D coming online!

Lol ya our benches at work arnt big enough to fit this monster case.

she's a beauty. looks like a workstation rig? Or does it just happen to be sitting on a work desk?

Nope it's a dedicated folder, just assembled it on one of our test benches because we were slow today.

are those CAS 6 gskill rams?

Just cas 7. And I already found a bad stick QQ

Thanks musky, the guide looks great!

got it up an running but ram timings dont pick up right QQ and the first project they hit me with was 6901, dbl QQ lol.

I'll have to look into flashing the RAM I geuss?

LOL I'm OK with that Noble

got it up an running but ram timings dont pick up right QQ and the first project they hit me with was 6901, dbl QQ lol.

I'll have to look into flashing the RAM I geuss?

LOL I'm OK with that Noble

I would PM DSee about that; I know jack about flashing SPD profiles. As for the name, Rachel was my second grade girlfriend. Awww yeah. My kindergarten girlfriend Amanda dropped out of college, dyed her hair black, got pregnant, and decided to message me on Facebook 14 years later... As such, all my malfunctioning machines are named Amanda Shepherd... :p

I would PM DSee about that; I know jack about flashing SPD profiles. As for the name, Rachel was my second grade girlfriend. Awww yeah. My kindergarten girlfriend Amanda dropped out of college, dyed her hair black, got pregnant, and decided to message me on Facebook 14 years later... As such, all my malfunctioning machines are named Amanda Shepherd... :p

Noble, you sure know how to attract the right women. (Sarcasm meter off the charts) :D

You should get some separation between your love and folding life... otherwise I may be concerned ever buying used gear from you. :p

You should get some separation between your love and folding life... otherwise I may be concerned ever buying used gear from you. :p

Nice one. At any rate, I am so glad to see this rig up and running in its new home.

I'm having an issue with 2 of the ram slots but Dsee is helping me out.

Even missing a stick of ram and at cas 9 I'm getting 18min tpfs on 6901 which I'm Super excited about :). Just gimping along it's still a good bit faster than my i7. I can't wait to get it all dialed in.

Last edited:
issue solved! This newb didn't know there was an ECC setting in the bios lol.

I'm going to pretend Rachel was an illegal immigrant and her job is mowing :D

I'm glad everything is working fine!
Let me know if you need anything else :)

issue solved! This newb didn't know there was an ECC setting in the bios lol.

I'm going to pretend Rachel was an illegal immigrant and her job is mowing :D

That was probably the problem I had with this rig... :)

Well my door was kicked in and most of my valuables (including my 55" bravia :mad:) were stolen Tuesday. Thank god for some reason they missed the g34 and my good pcs but they did get my router so my foldings been down for the last few days QQ.

Ya every ones fine luckily. Missing a lot of stuff but aside from a wedding ring nothing that can't be replaced.

That sucks man! Glad to hear you are ok, even with insurance these things are an incredibly huge disruption on your life.

Damn, If only you were home with a loaded 12 gage camping in your closet waiting to catch him.

Back