Mobile GPU vs Desktop GPU Chart?

WhiteGuardian

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know where I can find a chart of this sort?

I'm mostly interested in the performance of 7950M GTX SLI vs. Desktop 8800GT 512.

Thanks.

The 8800 GT probably takes this one. Even if the 7950M GT SLI did have more raw power my bet is that it would be limited by the notebook processor.

good gaming mobile GPU starts from the 8600m GT and the Radeon HD 2600 (which has the same performance)
I think their performance equals half of the desktop GeForce 8800GT
A good notebook should have the 8700m GT or something close to it

I'd guess they'd be relatively close as far as sheer graphics capability goes, although the 8800gt is probably a bit faster.

Just to give you a ballpark idea (even though it's an awful benchmark), in 3dmark06 it gets about 9000-10000 points, give or take.

Here is a review of a notebook with Go 7950 GTX's in SLI.

In any case, if you're in the market for a desktop-replacement notebook, it might be best to go with a single (or SLI, if you've got the money) 8800m GTX (something like this), since SLI is so dependent on drivers and the driver situation for mobile video cards is kind of iffy and not well supported (have to used a modded .inf from LaptopVideo2Go).

Or just get the desktop part.

Just a little note: that middle link (from NotebookCheck) sometimes has some strange anamolies thrown in. Most importantly (for this topic), it's 3DMark06 score for for SLI Go 7950 GTX's is pretty far off base (6982?). They probably benchmarked it before the drivers matured. I've seen several people on notebook forums with SLI 7950 GTX's and they're all at about 10,000.

Anywho, just thought I'd throw that in there.

good gaming mobile GPU starts from the 8600m GT and the Radeon HD 2600 (which has the same performance)
I think their performance equals half of the desktop GeForce 8800GT
A good notebook should have the 8700m GT or something close to it

thanks for the chart.

One thing I didn't understand tho is that even though the 7950M GTX is alot better than the 8700M GT according to the chart, the SLI 8700>SLI 7950, why is this?

Just a little note: that middle link (from NotebookCheck) sometimes has some strange anamolies thrown in. Most importantly (for this topic), it's 3DMark06 score for for SLI Go 7950 GTX's is pretty far off base (6982?). They probably benchmarked it before the drivers matured. I've seen several people on notebook forums with SLI 7950 GTX's and they're all at about 10,000.

Anywho, just thought I'd throw that in there.
I guess u’r right, anyway as I mentioned it was something I made to give a friend of mine (who already have a desktop 8800GT) a close idea of what he should expect from a notebook
I didn’t really pay attention to the 7950 cuz as far as I know it’s not popular in the notebooks at this time, I looked (locally) at all the Toshiba & Dell notebooks and the best GPU’s they both had on their top notebooks was the 8600m GT and the Radeon HD 2600, I found one Toshiba (I think X200 series) which had the 8700m GT but the price was insane and my friend decided to wait a little bit

thanks for the chart.

One thing I didn't understand tho is that even though the 7950M GTX is alot better than the 8700M GT according to the chart, the SLI 8700>SLI 7950, why is this?
I remember that the same thing happened with desktop GPU’s, I think they were the 8800GT and the 9600GT, a single 8800GT was faster than a single 9600GT but 9600GT SLI was faster than 8800GT SLI (I think that was somehow mentioned in the [H] review of the GX2 or the related forum topic)
maybe the new architecture that exist in the newer series (8th other 7th/9th over 8th) enabled Nvidia folks to make better use of the SLI or something

Back