Mobo/CPU

Prim3

Gawd
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Everything
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Cheap as possible but want decent parts for price. 400-500 max.
3) Where do you live?
Tx
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.

CPU - AMD flavor if at all possible
MOBO - AMD board with hybrid SLI be nice
Ram - 4gig should do meh

Everything else I have just got a new video card. 250GTS(yes i know its 9800 REBRAND)

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.

Everything else I have just got a new video card. 250GTS(yes i know its 9800 REBRAND)
I'll replace the PSU with a Corsair later on

6) Will you be overclocking?
No

7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
22" and possibly be end of the year a 120hz LCD
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Coming month or so

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support?

Only interest here is hybrid SLI if possible.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license?

XP and Vista

Reason why I am posting this been out of it awhile and I just wanna get something newer and not wanting to drop 1500 dollars to build an ulitmate machine. I just want someone thing to play WOW and SC2 on =D

Really what ever the best bang for buck in a CPU/MOBO for amd is all I am after right now.

I can't recommend parts unless I know what PSU you're gonna be using. Yes I know you're gonna replace it with a Corsair BUT in the time until the replacement, the current PSU might harm your hardware. So what PSU do you have?

Your budget of $400-500 will allow for a nice Intel upgrade.

$270
- Q9550
$135 - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P
$47 - 4GB G.Skill DDR2 800

TOTAL: $452 before taxes, shipping, and rebates

550 watt, and I thought I said amd =p I was looking around and found:

MOBO ASUS M3N78

RAM G.SKILL 4GB

CPU AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz

Total came to $325 out the door free shipping.

Why limit yourself to AMD when you have the budget for something better? Do you live near a microcenter? If so, you can get an i7 for $230. Add a couple things from newegg, like an MSI X58 Pro for $200, and 6GB of DDR3 for $80, and you've got the fastest upgrade possible for only $510 + tax and shipping.

I am also wanting to do this cheap as possible and I kinda like amd =p

edit: think I forgot to mention I wanted a micro atx board also cause I plan on getting a micro tower later on.

Back