mobo for phase & qx9650

leftheaded

Limp Gawd
I need to move my ip35 pro to another box, and i'm thinking of getting a vapoli, vapochill LS or something... anyone have a good recommendation for a mobo to use with a phase unit and a qx9650? or even ones to avoid?

im running my phasechange system on a DFI X38 T2R, with a qx9650 to. and the best thing about this mb is the plenty of space around the cpu, so isolation is a cakewalk.

The nb heatsink is a very tight fit (going against what i just said). but if you' r using the stock LS the mounting kit is so small it won't be a problem. i mean i can use it with my modified unit.

and you might wanna think about getting that vapoLS modded to hold Quad load.

thanks for the replies guys.

How do you get a vapochill LS modded for a quad?

Ideally, I would have at least 3 PCIe x16 slots

two @ x16 for SLI or Crossfire
one @ x8 for my RAID controller

That whittles the list down pretty quick...

• Asus Maximus Extreme
  • Asus Rampage Extreme (mid July.. but might only have two x16 slots)
  • Foxconn X38A
  • Foxconn BlackOps
  • EVGA 780i
  • EVGA 790i Ultra

I'm not that interested in the Foxconns. So, Asus Extremes or EVGA 780i/790i is what it comes down to for me.

the big thing holding me back from DDR3 is that I still want 8GB of RAM, but I don't want to pay $600 for a RAM upgrade right now (i wouldn't get slower than 12800). but i defintely am tempted to go 790i with 4GB for now... plus, I think about picking up a used 9800GX2 and going quad SLI now. or maybe selling off my GX2 to getting a single GTX 280 for now, and get another down the road for SLI. plus, the 790i can run SLI AND still have a pcie lane at x8 for my RAID controller.

Actually out of the boards you listed my number one choice would be the blackops... it's had extremely good reviews. The 790i is also a good choice.

I've got a Maximus Extreme and EVGA 780i on the way. Going to play with both... guess I will grab a 2x1GB DDR3 kit

Back