Modern Warfare 3 General Discussion

sethmo

2[H]4U
Not any threads up about the game, is it that bad? Post up some screenies or gameplay videos. I don't know if I want to buy it yet or just stick with BF3. I bought MW2 and BO and was just disappointed with both :/

The only people that will say its bad are the unrelenting block headed BF3 fanboys that can't just leave it alone. Doesnt unlock on steam for another 1.5 hours for me, can't play till im off work anyway. However, metacritic/gamerankings has this game rated higher than BF3 by a good bunch so far. So its most definitely not a bad game, regardless of the naysayers who cant enjoy both titles.

It's not unlocked for PC yet. There is gameplay though on You Tube from consolers. Chris Smoove already has a couple posted.

Man why do you guys buy this game out of the gate? I understand boredom but come on. We all know what to expect at this point I hope.

The only people that will say its bad are the unrelenting block headed BF3 fanboys that can't just leave it alone. Doesnt unlock on steam for another 1.5 hours for me, can't play till im off work anyway. However, metacritic/gamerankings has this game rated higher than BF3 by a good bunch so far. So its most definitely not a bad game, regardless of the naysayers who cant enjoy both titles.

ANNN wrong. I'm a blockedheaded counter-strike knob not buying either! Suck it!

I'm actually not really being fanboyish. Ultimately I don't hate COD. I just don't like the kill streak/death match stuff I'd rather it be more competitive like counter-strike. I don't have anything seriously against BF3 I have origin but when I found out I had to pay extra for the back to karkland map that put me off. I dont mind skin DLC and what not but I can't talk myself into map packs. plus I mean, what if I don't like the maps? I just threw $14.99 in the garbage. I wouldn't call it boycotting. I'm just "put off". I'll sit down and give both a try on a rainy day I spose. Just not in any hurry. My legs still work. I can always go outside instead. I'd say I'll wait for a demo but that ain't happening.

Thats what we PC users get when doing a console port, we have to suffer with all the bugs that happens to be developed for a console. Anyway, I won't be buying or getting this game at all, Activision and Infinity Ward obviously don't give two shits about the PC community so why bother.

Wtf, No HQ headquarters?

What did they do to this game..

Only game mode I really enjoyed..

Well there is a problem with the game on PC, the resolution is 1024x768 and choosing any resolution higher just stretches it.

....so we wait. PC crowd is fucked again.

Wait. What? 1024x768 on PC?! lol I can't get to that link you posted here at work... you're joking right?

Thats what we PC users get when doing a console port, we have to suffer with all the bugs that happens to be developed for a console. Anyway, I won't be buying or getting this game at all, Activision and Infinity Ward obviously don't give two shits about the PC community so why bother.

I wouldn't call this an Infinity Ward game, IW died with MW2.

Hmm seeing the resolution issues i will sit on it, and finally bite the 30$ BF3 deal :p :)

1024x768 .... on PC multiplayer.

Like playing a Minecraft mod, it is awful. Single player looks fine.

I'm harassing Bowling on Twitter atm to get any info.

I'm actually gutted. It's unplayable in this state.

I don't have the game (On the fence yet) but this seems to be working:

http://www.callofduty.com/thread/100568456?tstart=0

Guys, if u have a problem with low texture guality, USE "NATIVE" image quality. Can be found under advanced options. It makes the game look as good as mw2 does. I know i had this problem, and i was able to fix it with native image quality. Test and report back, and lets keep this thread on top so every1 sees this.

Just got it off steam... and it's making me download 35gigs worth of stuff. 2 14gig mw3's and a 6gig mw :eek:.

I didn't understand it with black ops either, why on earth do you need to download the full game twice just for single player and multiplayer.

Really? The game is 28gb? I assume the resolution issue will be patched. Going to avoid the game for now.

Well there is a problem with the game on PC, the resolution is 1024x768 and choosing any resolution higher just stretches it.

....so we wait. PC crowd is fucked again.

Not mine but these guys all notice the same thing, some screen shots posted too.
http://www.callofduty.com/message/105936026#105936026

if you look at the screenshots, the 1024x768 is the one that looks 'stretched'. the entire image looks stretched and a good indicator is the scope. it's oblong instead of round. everything looks correct in the 1920x1080 image.

It says the game is only 14gb and it says you only need 14gb of hd space but it's making me download two seperate 14gb files, one for sp and one for mp which sucks cause comcast doesn't like giving me fast download speeds.

if you look at the screenshots, the 1024x768 is the one that looks 'stretched'. the entire image looks stretched and a good indicator is the scope. it's oblong instead of round. everything looks correct in the 1920x1080 image.

1920x1080 looks perfectly normal on my screen too

Here is the post about the 1024x768. Also, why are the crosshairs so big in the screen shot? Does that mean anything you shot at within those giant crosshair takes a hit? :eek:

Nov 8, 2011 6:34 AM I just took 2 screenshots, 1 in 1024x768 and one in 1920x1080.

1024x768

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz21/aphextwin69/Mw3-1024x768.jpg

1920x1080

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz21/aphextwin69/Mw3-1920x1080.jpg

As you can clearly see the 1920x1080 is just a stretched version of the 1024x768 and is NOT true 1920x1080. i hope to god this is just a mistake that will be patched.

This ladies and gentlemen is complete dog dirt.

Here is the post about the 1024x768. Also, why are the crosshairs so big in the screen shot? Does that mean anything you shot at within those giant crosshair takes a hit? :eek:

The crosshairs are so big because he has a sniper rifle on and is running/moving. Does not mean a guaranteed hit on anything in those crosshairs, means if he shot it then the bullet would have terrible accuracy and could spray all over the place (run and gun doesn't work very well with sniper rifles ;)).

Game says it's only 14gb and that's what it says for recommended space. The part I don't understand is why it has a MW3 download and a MW3 multiplayer download, and both are 14gb and when I started my download earlier it started both. I think black ops did the same crap but I can't remember (i know it loaded up a seperate game when you clicked multiplayer, would close the single player game and then reopen for multiplayer). No idea why it works this way.

Sucks because between me and my brother we have to download 4 14gb files and it's splitting our speeds so we're only getting about 500kb/s on each of the 4.

The downloads are shared. I paused the multiplayer to get to the single player quicker. Once the single was done downloading I started up the multiplayer download only to find that it pretty much instantly shot to 100% downloaded. Was weird.

As you can clearly see the 1920x1080 is just a stretched version of the 1024x768 and is NOT true 1920x1080. i hope to god this is just a mistake that will be patched.[/I]

Why are people still buying this game? Surely on the 8th iteration of the game we know what to expect.

It looks like the 1024x768 is squished looking at the radar box.

Nov 8, 2011 6:34 AM I just took 2 screenshots, 1 in 1024x768 and one in 1920x1080.

1024x768

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz21/aphextwin69/Mw3-1024x768.jpg

1920x1080

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz21/aphextwin69/Mw3-1920x1080.jpg

As you can clearly see the 1920x1080 is just a stretched version of the 1024x768 and is NOT true 1920x1080. i hope to god this is just a mistake that will be patched.

The crosshairs are big b/c it is a sniper rifle. If you fire without the scope the bullet could randomly fire anywhere between the crosshairs. Thats why smg's have much smaller crosshairs....they are more accurate without aiming down the sight

some screens of 5760x1080 in surround useing widescreenfixer

iw5mp2011110816060422.jpg

iw5mp2011110816070045.jpg

Can't believed it doesn't support xbox 360 controller. I know, I know keyboard and mouse are better, but I don't have a gaming mouse. What a disappointment.

thanks for the screens Bryce777. man, they're a little tough to look at after being spoiled by BF3's visuals.

Can't believed it doesn't support xbox 360 controller. I know, I know keyboard and mouse are better, but I don't have a gaming mouse. What a disappointment.

You don't need a "gaming" mouse. Any halfway decent mouse works better than a controller. Most "gaming" peripherals are overpriced for what they are.

Steam will tell you if a game supports the xbox 360 controller in this area on the store page.
From MW3:
NoController.jpg

No reason to buy blindly in the future. If the "Controller Enabled" icon isn't there, it won't be natively supported.

Here is an example of a game that supports the 360 controller (Bastion in this case):
Controllerenabled.jpg

Last edited:
By the way I want to bring something else to the attention of people who may not have noticed. While nobody talked about Call of Duty 8 and if they did in Battlefield 3 topic, it was received with a lot of negativism. Battlefield 3 also had a official topic opened long before the game was due to come out. Also some numbers about how DICE have sold millions of copies etc and maybe COD8 won't be able to top it up.
Well I don't know if you have been watching the news but Call of Duty 8 had a reserved segment there. About how violent it is and something about the UK being shocked by it.
Somebody also got beaten in Canada and his copy stolen lol http://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/comments/m4noh/to_the_3_men_who_beat_up_that_nice_guy_tonight/
Another thing I heard was that a truck was hijacked with thousands of call of duty 8 titles stolen
http://dvice.com/archives/2011/11/6000-copies-of.php

So in internet world this game isn't getting much attention because of Battlefield 3, yet I never saw a single advert about this game, but in reality this game has huge attention hype. Even my neighbours little girl is hooked up lol. This one really made me laugh when she asked me if I could get her a copy of Call of Duty and she is like 13. I'm just saying this is going to be a blood bath between all the fan boys here in this forum and the rest of the world, and sure as hell I'm not going to miss it. I'm loaded with pop corns and a pair of anti glare glasses hahaha. Jeesus even Grand Theft Auto series never had such huge attention back when it came out and it was widely used as a title about child gaming addiction and bad behaviour. Dave Chappelle made a mockery of the GTA in one of his comedies. MW3 vs B3 is whole other story. In fact I'd call it next level. Football hooligans ain't got shit on what this is about to be haha.

Jokes on a side I played the Battlefield 3 beta a bit, I also played Call of Duty (forgot which one), and I'd say they are exactly the same game. One has bigger open space and vehicles, the other is more about frags and possibly more accurate weapons. It's like comparing Quake Live to Warsow or Counter Strike to Urban Terror. But I'd agree on some of the statements that it will make no sense buying both games. My take would be on Call of Duty 8 being a more fun game compared to Battlefield 3. Anyway keep the replies coming. I'm reading them with interest :)

Back