Monarch DOA 7800GS

ob1

2[H]4U
Got my 7800GS from monarch and it was DOA. I didn't buy the extended warranty so I have to exchange it through EVGA who is going to exchange it, but this would be a warning to those who purchase from monarch to buy the extended warranty to protect against DOA parts.

ob1 said:
Got my 7800GS from monarch and it was DOA. I didn't buy the extended warranty so I have to exchange it through EVGA who is going to exchange it, but this would be a warning to those who purchase from monarch to buy the extended warranty to protect against DOA parts.

This isn't really Monarch's fault, more EVGA's fault for producing a faulty card, they just happened to sell it to you.

He probably posted here because he seen the price of the 7800gs here and bought one. Wrong forum I guess, but not really Monarchs fault. Just return it and exchange it?

The crumby thing is he still has to pay to have it sent back. If you get something DOA then you should be able to send it back for free. If you have something for more than a week or two and it goes bad then you should pay. Who knows, maybe monarch will be different.

I didn't see him write that it was monarch's fault. He just said that if you buy from monarch, get the extended warranty. Or was there something I didn't get..?

You shouldn't have to pay extra to get a DOA part RMAed. You shouldn't have to pay for an extended warranty for the company to do what they should anyways.

Back