Monitor cpu usage ingame?

psyside

2[H]4U
Is there a way?

P.S. Don't suggest Everest/Aida 64, because it does not work well with my BIOS/mobo (it does not show correct cpu clock)

P.S.S. Riva tunner also have no support for SB platforms.

I couldn't name a tool (or device) off the top of my head for real-time monitoring CPU utilization while in a game. But, even in the absence of that, you might want to keep in mind that another thing you can do is to use a tool that permanently logs CPU utilization, such that you can go back and scrutinize that log file after you're done. It's not exactly the same thing, but depending what you'll be looking for, it could be all that you need. Even some very common CPU utilization monitoring tools with a "marching graph" have a wide enough graph display area that you can look back across the past several minutes' usage.

I love my G19 keyboard. I get mu CPU usage /temp plus GPU usage / temps and other cool info while gaming in real time. I see all 8 threads working and how they are being used during gaming. In this pick its idle at the desktop, so only 1 thread is being use.

photoxp.jpg
[/URL]

I couldn't name a tool (or device) off the top of my head for real-time monitoring CPU utilization while in a game. But, even in the absence of that, you might want to keep in mind that another thing you can do is to use a tool that permanently logs CPU utilization, such that you can go back and scrutinize that log file after you're done. It's not exactly the same thing, but depending what you'll be looking for, it could be all that you need. Even some very common CPU utilization monitoring tools with a "marching graph" have a wide enough graph display area that you can look back across the past several minutes' usage.

I use the Windows Task Manager / Performance Tab for this and it gives me enough insight without needing to install 3rd party software.

I love my G19 keyboard. I get mu CPU usage /temp plus GPU usage / temps and other cool info while gaming in real time. I see all 8 threads working and how they are being used during gaming. In this pick its idle at the desktop, so only 1 thread is being use.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1511/photoxp.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

Does that monitoring thing come with the keyboard, or where did you get it? I was thinking of picking up a G19.

CPU usage should be at 100%. You paid for a processor, have it do stuff as fast as it can!

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2010/12/03/10097861.aspx

No, not really. There is no "should" or "should not" rule as it relates to processor usage. There are a whole lot of variables that will determine whether or not you see 100% usage. If your CPU can do 8 threads but the game can only address 4, you won't see 100%. If your video cards ability to render the image is significantly slower than how fast your CPU can process and send the info, you won't see 100%

That's just two examples.

As far as monitoring, best way is to have more than one monitor. When I want to monitor my system while playing I typically have MSI Afterburner+Task Manager+temp monitoring software up on my second screen.

Last edited:
As far as monitoring, best way is to have more than one monitor. When I want to monitor my system while playing I typical have MSI Afterburner+Task Manager+temp monitoring software up on my second screen.
That's precisely what I do. I have OpenHardwareMonitor's gadget on my second screen along with basically everything else besides Steam/Games. OHM is pretty nice, it's main screen looks almost exactly like HWMonitor and you can select any of the sensors it can read on to a dekstop gadget.

I used to use MSI Afterburner until I started getting random freezes while playing BC2. I hardly ever play BC2 now but I have no real intention of installing it ever again as I currently don't see a need for it even though its a PB issue.

Thanks for the answers guys. but i got no second monitor to use like that. I'm open to more suggestions about what software to use, thanks again.

Back