monitor detection overlap?

maademperor

[H]ard|Gawd
So I've got this problem that I've never seen before, hopefully someone else has had or seen this happen.

I've recently got two 4k monitors and 1 1080 monitor connected to a gigabyte r9 280x. The 4k guys are on the card's display port and the 1080 is on the dvi. Everything is detected as what it is at its resoution but I've found that for some reason windows detects the second 4k monitors position strangely:

hPJpJz.jpg

This occurs whether all three are in portrait or in landscape and is only corrected when I disable any one of the monitors (I didnt have this problem with three matching res monitors). This has an impact when I fire up a game as it tries to run halfway between the two screens and everything is basically unclickable and unless I'm on the far right side of the monitor that should be "2" any context or menu screens open on the middle monitor. I can even make that overlap move around by changing monitor location in the windows display center...I've had it identify the third monitor as being the lower corner of the 1 or 2 monitors or had the 2 monitor overlap the 3. all very strange....

The funny thing is that Catalyst Control Center identifies them normally (with the monitor number right in the middle of the screen). I was thinking of taking two of my 1080 monitors and putting them on a 2x1 (or 1x2) eyefinity display group as a sort of overflow work location.

Anyone have any ideas?

specs:
windows 8.1
r9 280x
2x asus pb287q 4k res
1x lg eaxxxx 1080 res
i7 4790k
16gb ram

Last edited:
hmmm. now that I've played with it a little more, I think this is actaully a dpi scaling issue?

turns out that was the case (Civ BE and Endless Legend were the only ones I was messing with), but I also found that my dpi scaling was set to attempt to scale differently across all three. when I set it to a comfortable level for all of them it all worked out. Thats what I get for trying to play with this after a 16 hours working. a little sleep and things started to make more sense. at any rate, I think that was the first picture I ever posted on a forum!

Thanks,

Back