Monitor prob.

2phastPRO

Limp Gawd
Hey guys I got a Dell 1000hs series and the damn thing doesnt want to display at boot. I over clocked my video card last night (9000 radeon pro at 300/270) and my chip (1.0ghz at 1.2) Could I have blown the monitor? I mean I see the green light come on then it just goes "idle yellow". Any idea on what the problem might be?

Since your description is a little vague, I'll start with the common ones.

Try hitting the "insert" key while it boots, immediately after you push the start button, this should enter the mobo bios in "safe mode" and let you change the cpu overclock. You may need to do this 2-3 times (insert key) to finaly get into the bios.

Try hitting "F8" while booting to enter "safe mode" if it was a software overclock. This may prevent it from overclocking the card and let you in to change the speeds, or uninstall the o-clocking utility.

If it was a v.card bios flash to new speeds, you would have to get a hold of a pci v.card. install it, boot with the PCI card in place, and reflash the AGP card with the correct speeds.

I don't think you're overclocking physicaly hurt you're monitor.

Couldn't figure out what you meant about the green light and then idle yellow. Are you seeing anything when it post? Sounds like you fried your video card. Pull that card and replaced it with another and see what happens.

Wow...thanx for the info guys. I was just about ready to go out and buy a new LCD screen. Amazing what a little elbow grease will do. Thanx alot guys :)

Originally posted by 2phastPRO
Wow...thanx for the info guys. I was just about ready to go out and buy a new LCD screen. Amazing what a little elbow grease will do. Thanx alot guys :)

Let us know what the cause was. Good luck!

I still havent figured out what the cause was...I reset the video card to its normal settings and it still gave the problem. I have a 250w power supply. I figure that was enough for a 200mhz overclock on a 1.0ghz chip. I changed it back to 1.13ghz and it worked fine from there on. It wasnt even the video card. That all seems strange though.

Have you switched out the video card yet? Does your screen show anything? text when it's booting? If there is nothing on your screen, put an old card in and see if the card is your problem.

Back