Monitor Problem

jksgoten

n00b
I have a HP M70 17" monitor. I've had it for quite some time and it's worked perfectly fine. But this morning something happened to it which has caused a problem.

It's connected to a power strip, and sumtimes, im not sure why, but if i accidently kick the strip or move it a little bit, the monitor, sumtimes even printer goes out, and i have to wiggle the cord a little to get it to turn back on. Well it happened this morning, and when i tried to fix it, it kept turning on and shutting back off, so i just unplugged it and stuck it into another socket and it turned on. But when it turned on, it was too wide. By that i mean, the sides extended past the monitor. So I tried to shrink it using the monitor controls, but it didn't affect it at all. All the other options work except for changing the width. I tried turning it off and plugging it into another socket and turning it back on, but nothing worked.

I'm not sure what happened to it, maybe something got messed up because of what happened, but I'd like to know if there's anyway I could fix this, or if it seems I need a new monitor.

*bump

if any1 culd just tell me if i need a new monitor or not, thatd b fine, dont even need an explanation

p.s. sorry bout the new thread,culdnt even see the post reply button with this monitor.

Back