Monitor Recommendation

Gnu314

Limp Gawd
Being part of the newly WFH workforce I'm considering taking the opportunity to upgrade my setup and use my old monitors for my semi-permanent home office (unless there is a solution that could share the monitors without a docking station, maybe a KVM switch?).

My rig is a few years old at this point...
CPU - i5 6600k
GPU - GeForce GTX970 4gb (edited)
Ram - 16gb

I mostly game on the rig but nothing too pressing at the moment. Destiny 2 is probably my most tasking game and I don't have current plans to buy new releases any time soon.

I also use this rig for basic computing, watch netflix when doing some gaming (MTG:A, oldschool EQ).

I'm currently using a 60hz 1080p budget 24" Acer monitor.

I was thinking 27-32 but I'd ideally like to keep my budget under 400/per unit if possible.

Last edited:
when did they make 8gb 970s? so is that 7gb fast 1gb slow? did you get a double check on the class action lawsuit?

when did they make 8gb 970s? so is that 7gb fast 1gb slow? did you get a double check on the class action lawsuit?

You're right I read my system info wrong, 4gb vram. Edited the original post.

I'm not partial towards resolution but going to 1440p seems like it might future proof it a little bit. I don't have a desire to go to 4k.

im in the same boat needing a new monitor. i know i want 27in 1440p 144hz, 1-2ms, freesync, but thats all i know. va, ips, tn, flat, curved?

I'd personally never recommend a TN display for anything over 23" as the viewing angle is a problem on the edges depending on how close you sit. Definitely not for 27" +. I have an Acer Predator that has had problems and been sent back in for repairs twice. I love the image on Dell Ultrasharps circa 2008-2014 U3008, U3011, U3014 but haven't seen a recent model. Dell P series I've bought dozens, maybe 100+, over the last few years and they have been bullet proof for reliability and very adjustable.

Back